Forums · My Column for my School Newspaper

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Aug 18 '07

I'm on Newspaper this year, and I'm trying out for a column. This is my sample so far, so I wanna see what you guys think:

I remember elementary school. Recess was awesome, as was no homework on the weekends, and waking up at 7:00 A.M. seems like sleeping in now. But if there?s one thing I will always fondly remember from those days, it?s those strange, magical creatures. The ones who could only say their species? name and were used in ?friendly? battles that would be considered cockfighting in the real world. That?s right, I?m talking about Pokemon.
We were all swept up in the craze during our childhood, and don?t try to deny it; you?ll only be fooling yourself. When we got home from school, we watched some 11-year-old high-voiced loser wander around aimlessly with some oversized yellow rodent that shot lightning out of its cheeks, a shrill-voiced orange haired girl who didn?t understand that fish were supposed to be kept in water, and some swarthy guy who never opened his eyes and hit on every female that moved; they were our heroes. We couldn?t wait to get the games, and the schoolyard abounded with talk of who had the strongest Charizard or Mewtwo; in fact, that?s probably why most of us even bought a Game Boy Color. We sported Pokemon bookbags, Pokemon T-shirts, Pokemon folders, and God knows what else they made. We were addicted.
Eventually, though, maturity set in, and we realized how goofy it all was. We finally started giving Ash the ridicule he deserves. We stopped buying the games. We left behind the cards, the toys, and all the other merchandise. But we haven?t completely moved on. Admit it; you still have some fondness for Pokemon, no matter how much you wish you didn?t. You accidentally stumble across the show while channel surfing, but don?t immediately turn the channel. You still like to use Mewtwo in SSBM. I know some of you, myself included, still bring your DSes to school in order to battle and trade with others.
Sure, Pokemon is childish, and for the most part, we?ve all grown out of it, but we still have some fondness for it, if not for nostalgia. So don?t be ashamed if you still like Pokemon. If you want to get Diamond, go ahead. If you want to discuss what?s the best Eevee evolution *coughJolteoncough*, do it. There?s no need to hide it, but please, don?t start singing the theme song. Don?t.

Nerdy, yes, but I've seen weirder stuff in columns at my school. It's supposed to be light-hearted.
Rating: 0

Wiik23

0 +0

Aug 18 '07

teh pogeymanz suxorz

IStillHaveALife

0 +0

Aug 18 '07

QUOTE (AgentParanoia @ Aug 18 2007, 07:29 AM)
I'm on Newspaper this year, and I'm trying out for a column. This is my sample so far, so I wanna see what you guys think:

I remember elementary school. Recess was awesome, as was no homework on the weekends, and waking up at 7:00 A.M. seems like sleeping in now. But if there?s one thing I will always fondly remember from those days, it?s those strange, magical creatures. The ones who could only say their species? name and were used in ?friendly? battles that would be considered cockfighting in the real world. That?s right, I?m talking about Pokemon.
We were all swept up in the craze during our childhood, and don?t try to deny it; you?ll only be fooling yourself. When we got home from school, we watched some 11-year-old high-voiced loser wander around aimlessly with some oversized yellow rodent that shot lightning out of its cheeks, a shrill-voiced orange haired girl who didn?t understand that fish were supposed to be kept in water, and some swarthy guy who never opened his eyes and hit on every female that moved; they were our heroes. We couldn?t wait to get the games, and the schoolyard abounded with talk of who had the strongest Charizard or Mewtwo; in fact, that?s probably why most of us even bought a Game Boy Color. We sported Pokemon bookbags, Pokemon T-shirts, Pokemon folders, and God knows what else they made. We were addicted.
Eventually, though, maturity set in, and we realized how goofy it all was. We finally started giving Ash the ridicule he deserves. We stopped buying the games. We left behind the cards, the toys, and all the other merchandise. But we haven?t completely moved on. Admit it; you still have some fondness for Pokemon, no matter how much you wish you didn?t. You accidentally stumble across the show while channel surfing, but don?t immediately turn the channel. You still like to use Mewtwo in SSBM. I know some of you, myself included, still bring your DSes to school in order to battle and trade with others.
Sure, Pokemon is childish, and for the most part, we?ve all grown out of it, but we still have some fondness for it, if not for nostalgia. So don?t be ashamed if you still like Pokemon. If you want to get Diamond, go ahead. If you want to discuss what?s the best Eevee evolution *coughJolteoncough*, do it. There?s no need to hide it, but please, don?t start singing the theme song. Don?t.

Nerdy, yes, but I've seen weirder stuff in columns at my school. It's supposed to be light-hearted.

After reading that I really want to punch you. I suggest you dont write that in the school newspaper if you ever want to get another girl friend. Because yes people still do have fodness for pokemon but they dont liek to admit it. Also take out the eeveeloution part because you might as well put on spandex and pretend you are captain kurk.

P.S i have no problem or hatred towards you at all im just expressing my opinion.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Aug 18 '07

ANOTHER girlfriend? What makes you think I could ever get a girlfriend in the first place. And I really don't get the Captain Kirk thing (I don't really like Star Trek, to tell you the truth).

IStillHaveALife

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

QUOTE (AgentParanoia @ Aug 18 2007, 11:53 AM)
ANOTHER girlfriend? What makes you think I could ever get a girlfriend in the first place. And I really don't get the Captain Kirk thing (I don't really like Star Trek, to tell you the truth).

The girlfriend part came from me assuming that you did not have a girlfriend. And the Kirk part came from the fact of arguing about eeveeloutions in Highschool, people are gonna think of you as super nerd, I mean think of you at Star Trek nerd.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

I'm already considered a nerd, and I'll never be able to get a girlfriend anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

IStillHaveALife

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

Oh sorry, about that. Well never mind then.

soccerpro94

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

I know some of you, myself included, still bring your DSes to school in order to battle and trade with others.

NO.

one kid brought his DS to school and he got the **** beat out of him, they jacked his DS and left him on the side of the street and left but not before stomping on his face and knocking out 3 of his teeth

pokemon + my hood=NO.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

QUOTE (soccerpro94 @ Aug 19 2007, 12:38 AM)
I know some of you, myself included, still bring your DSes to school in order to battle and trade with others.

NO.

one kid brought his DS to school and he got the **** beat out of him, they jacked his DS and left him on the side of the street and left but not before stomping on his face and knocking out 3 of his teeth

pokemon + my hood=NO.

All for playing Pokemon at school? Man, I really hope you're joking.

soccerpro94

0 +0

Aug 19 '07

no..... sadly....

Red Mage

0 +0

Aug 24 '07

Damn...

That is.. scary. I'm now glad I don't live... wherever you live

Sitting Man

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

People might not be my friends if I wrote that in the school paper, but good for you.

bobblyhead

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

Agreed. Though I'm already ultra-nerd here (and therefore smartest in all my classes, lol)

Sitting Man

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

QUOTE (AgentParanoia @ Aug 19 2007, 12:05 AM)
I'm already considered a nerd, and I'll never be able to get a girlfriend anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

I'm not the only one?

bobblyhead

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

Really? Now I wanna go,

NERD ALERT! TEH NERD IS HEAR!

Sitting Man

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

QUOTE (bobblyhead @ Aug 26 2007, 09:51 PM)
Really? Now I wanna go,

NERD ALERT! TEH NERD IS HEAR!

*cries*

bobblyhead

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

*laughs*

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

I just found out not to long ago that this is gonna run in the first edition of the newspaper. Yay?

But about the friend thing...I honestly don't care. People don't want to be my friend regardless. Perhaps it's my perpetual aura of general unhappiness...

Sitting Man

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

QUOTE (AgentParanoia @ Aug 26 2007, 09:54 PM)
I just found out not to long ago that this is gonna run in the first edition of the newspaper. Yay?

But about the friend thing...I honestly don't care. People don't want to be my friend regardless. Perhaps it's my perpetual aura of general unhappiness...

I hear drugs make you happy.

jorgea

0 +0

Dec 10 '12

This column looks okay for what you are focusing on.

Next Page >>