Forums · Lead Togekiss, aka Doom's rage inducing lead

Just kidding, call it Leadkiss I don't mind

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Jan 20 '10

So yeah, Pokemon's the cool thing to do right now. So I made a new team to match the current metagame, but I needed a lead and nothing seemed to fit in as a Lead. I tried to make a not so common Pokemon that fit into my team, Togekiss, an awesome lead. I noticed that Trick was somewhat common now. Why not take advantage of Togekiss having that move, a somewhat good typing and enough Speed to outspeed base 130 with positive nature and 252 EVs in Speed... with a Choice Scarf.

Togekiss@Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 228 HP, 176 Spd, 104 SpAtk
- Air Slash
- Body Slam / Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Trick

(will finish tomorrow)
Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

Jan 20 '10

My problem is it doesn't really do anything, as in, it's indecisive. It can take hits, so it's not really a suicide, but it can't take hits from most of the leads in this offensive metagame (metagross, aerodactyl, and probably azelf immediately come to mind). Even the trick pretty much comes to waste, as a lot of leads don't mind getting a choice scarf, and a lot of them already have one. l'd not make it a lead, if you replace roost with nasty plot, then you can come in on a support/tanking pokemon and use trick on either it, or the counter that comes after it. That by itself opens up plenty of options and, in a lot of cases, allows at least 1 nasty plot.

ArecP

0 +0

Jan 24 '10

@fineifold

Most leads are not looking to attack on their first move as laying down SR or inflicting a status is more important. Togekiss won't be getting OHKO'd often as it is not that fragile as you make it seem. It can take a Special Attack just fine, even a super effective one.

His Togekiss is acting like Jirachi...even though Jirachi does it better...with a recovery move that isn't Rest. So, most likely, Doom is probably trying to paralyze/flinch the lead to oblivion (if no threat is present).

And when do you ever use Trick on a lead when you know it has a Choice Scarf? Hell, why would you trick a Choice Scarf on something that can make it useful?

If he goes Nasty Plot, then he might as well not use it as lead at all and make it his sweeper, but that isn't what he's asking for.

This Togekiss is meant to be a HAXlead...so why would you classify it as a suicide lead? Again, run your damage calcs before you say that an 85/95/115 Togekiss can't take a hit(s). He won't be taking many anyway thanks to his hax strategy.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Jan 24 '10

Togekiss is ment to counter leads, all there is to it.

Almost every single leads I face have either Leftovers or Focus Sash and their purpose is to SR ASAP, so I Trick Scarf them. For stuff like Azelf or Aerodactyl, Air Slash will deal A TON of damage, although tricking Aero a Scarf will work very well.

If I manage to Scarf something like Swampert and that is forced to switch, I use Body Slam to Paralyze the switchins, usually Blissey or Latias, then proceed to Air Slash the **** out of them or switch to something else (in case of Blissey).

This has worked quite well. I should save some logs to demonstrate the point as it's kinda hard to say it written.

Also, I switched the EVs because I screwed up in there.