Forums · More Updates, More Stuff

Like blogs, teams, quotes, etc

anthony

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

Hey everyone, it's been a while since our last big update, but it's starting now. You may (or may not) have noticed some changes to various parts of the site, well more are coming.

Right now a few things may seem a little buggy, look a little strange, but they'll be fixed within the next week. Basically I wanted to get up our new back end to see how it works, and update things one at a time.

Changes to the community, forums, etc

What we're doing now is trying to move towards a more community based web site, eventually with more emphasis on that kind of thing - mostly to get more people involved.

The forums now have tags, which are seperated by commas, so please use those whenever you make a new post - it isn't required, but it'll help with up coming features.

Blogs now work, and while your user page isn't complete, you can go ahead and post to your blog - and it doesn't have to be related to libelldra, you can have your blog entry to post any network you're a member of in The Hive.

Teams aren't done yet, but they will be - they're basically groups with their own forums and so forth.

Quotes has to be one of my favourite new features. I went ahead and imported the quotes from the various quotes threads over the last couple of years - except a few ridiculously long quotes. Be sure to check it out, and submit your own ;-)

Other Stuff

The help section is up now. It contains things like "forgot password", as well as a mini-tutorial on how to use the BBS code for the forums - so no more threads asking how to do different things.

--

Some features are currently disabled, such as Account, Profile, etc - but they'll be back within the next few days - I promise.

Keep chatting, keep posting, keep playing.
Rating: 0

gameboy

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

My personal favorite update is the quotes. :D

Repto

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

[quote]The forums now have tags, which are seperated by commas, so please use those whenever you make a new post - it isn't required, but it'll help with up coming features.[/quote]

Not sure I understand this one. Is it meant for people searching?

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

For that matter, is the search feature functional now? I remember not being able to use it.

But sweet, updates.

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

Nice updates. Quotes seems like the best upgrade by far :D

anthony

0 +0

Jul 16 '09

[QUOTE USER="shadianvise" TIME="1247795818"]For that matter, is the search feature functional now? I remember not being able to use it.

But sweet, updates.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the forums search should work now - if there's any problems with it, let me know.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Jul 17 '09

IRC QUOTES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

EDIT: Went through some of them, and lmao'd. Great job, polite.

ArecP

0 +0

Jul 17 '09

great job polite. and i agree with the others about the quotes update :)

anyway, i noticed the smaller things like the share, add to favs, and flagging. lol inb4flagabuse? hope no one is dumb enough to do it.

Breloom

0 +0

Jul 21 '09

Haha, awesome! I especially love the quotes feature.