Forums · A REAL Pokequiz

Not your sorry Nintendo-caliber quiz, either

Repto

0 +0

May 22 '09

fineifold made me want to whip up a batch of questions for an actual quiz. How many can you get? For the most part, I formed these by pulling an idea out of my ass and from that smelly idea, formed a question that could be tricky.

A lot of these questions rely on remembering something about the actual games themselves and not some generic competitive battling trivia.

And no fucking cheating off of Slowflake! Actually, don't cheat at all.

1. What is the 100th Pokemon in the National Dex?
200th?
300th?
400th?

2. Which has a larger learnbase: Body Slam or Fissure? (Level and egg moves only.)

3. Which move amongst these would occur third, in order of priority: Snatch, Feint, Helping Hand, Follow Me?

4. What is TM 50 in G/S/C?

5. What is Palace Mavin Spencer's lineup during your second encounter?

6. How many Pokemon total learned Hyper Beam as a level-up move in R/B/Y?

7. How many Pokemon had base 130 attack in R/B/Y?

8. What is the moveset of Whitney's Miltank in G/S/C?

9. What is Meteor Mash's Japanese name (translated)?
Sheer Cold?
Last Resort?

10. What action is required to unlock the door to Registeel's lair in R/S/E?

11. A Pokemon with base 130 in any stat other than HP will reach what number at lv50 with 252 EVs, an IV of 31, and a boosting nature?

12. What is the name of the berry that reduces damage from supereffective fire attacks?

13. What move could the Magnemite line not learn until 4th gen, that has been in the game since the beginning?

14. How many moves contain the word "Cannon"?

15. Of the learnbase of Gyro Ball, only three Pokemon learn it leveling up that also get STAB when using it. Who are they?

16. How many abilities do the exact same thing as another?

17. In which generation could Venusaur first learn Petal Dance?

18. What is Blissey's final level-up move?

19. When was the first time you could encounter a Houndoom in G/S/C?

20. How many Pokemon have the same base stat for all six stats?

There we go. Hard, perhaps? How many can you get? NO UNSCRUPULOUS FAGGOTRY BY WHICH I MEAN CHEATING
Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

May 22 '09

2. body slam
3. Feint
5. Empoleon, something, something
6. 0
7. 2
8. stomp, rollout, attract, milk drink(omg one i know)
10. Flash
11. Yes
12. Flame Orb
14. 3
15. bronzor, bronzong, probopass
16. several
17. 3rd
18. double edge? (ESPLOSION BLISSY LOL)
19. rocket executive battle
20. How many pokemon suck? Divide that by 3, then add arceus.

I knew only a few of them, but it was fun.

CKY Tribal

0 +0

May 22 '09

[QUOTE USER="repto" TIME="1242993072"]fineifold made me want to whip up a batch of questions for an actual quiz. How many can you get? For the most part, I formed these by pulling an idea out of my ass and from that smelly idea, formed a question that could be tricky.

A lot of these questions rely on remembering something about the actual games themselves and not some generic competitive battling trivia.

And no fucking cheating off of Slowflake! Actually, don't cheat at all.

1. What is the 100th Pokemon in the National Dex? I'm thinking Koffing?
200th? ....Unown?
300th? Probably something really shit.... Whiscash?
400th? Bibarel

2. Which has a larger learnbase: Body Slam or Fissure? (Level and egg moves only.)
Random guess Fissure

3. Which move amongst these would occur third, in order of priority: Snatch, Feint, Helping Hand, Follow Me?
Literally no clue. Snatch?

4. What is TM 50 in G/S/C?

5. What is Palace Mavin Spencer's lineup during your second encounter?
Who?

6. How many Pokemon total learned Hyper Beam as a level-up move in R/B/Y?
64?

7. How many Pokemon had base 130 attack in R/B/Y?
Copying foldy's 2

8. What is the moveset of Whitney's Miltank in G/S/C?
Rollout, Milk Drink?

9. What is Meteor Mash's Japanese name (translated)?
Sheer Cold?
Last Resort?
I actually had to look these up out of curiosity, but I wont spoil it for anyone else. Lol at Last resort's Japanese translation

10. What action is required to unlock the door to Registeel's lair in R/S/E? It better not be that gay one with Wailmer and relicanth

11. A Pokemon with base 130 in any stat other than HP will reach what number at lv50 with 252 EVs, an IV of 31, and a boosting nature? 200 (I play too much battle tower....)

12. What is the name of the berry that reduces damage from supereffective fire attacks? No idea

13. What move could the Magnemite line not learn until 4th gen, that has been in the game since the beginning?
???????????

14. How many moves contain the word "Cannon"? 4?

15. Of the learnbase of Gyro Ball, only three Pokemon learn it leveling up that also get STAB when using it. Who are they? Bronzor, Bronzong, Steelix, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone,

16. How many abilities do the exact same thing as another?
Ummmmmmm 6?

17. In which generation could Venusaur first learn Petal Dance?
3rd

18. What is Blissey's final level-up move?
Double Edge

19. When was the first time you could encounter a Houndoom in G/S/C?
First time you actually see one? No idea. But Im sure that the first time you can catch one is in the tiny patch of grass outside Celadon City

20. How many Pokemon have the same base stat for all six stats?
I can only think of 9 off the top of my head

There we go. Hard, perhaps? How many can you get? NO UNSCRUPULOUS FAGGOTRY BY WHICH I MEAN CHEATING[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was amusing. If anyone gets all of this Ill be very impressed

Repto

0 +0

May 22 '09

I'd rather people not quote my entire post, please.

Slowflake

0 +0

May 22 '09

This is so hard, it's impossible without looking it up. The only question I can answer is the first one... it's Voltorb, Misdreavus, Skitty and Bibarel. And then whatever the next Water starter is. (Koffing is 109, Unown is 201, and Whiscash is 340.)

Repto

0 +0

May 22 '09

Awwwwww.. I thought you were a veritable wellspring of poke-based knowledge. Blame your LPs and how you appeared to know all that stuff beforehand (guess you DID simply look it all up.)

I'll post the answers in a day or two if no one else wants to try. Also, I basically looked up the answers to these questions as I made them, so I didn't just pull those out of thin air, either =P

fineifold

0 +0

May 23 '09

I think I should have a handicap since I couldn't read during the first generation >_>

Slowflake

0 +0

May 23 '09

...I'm surprised you expected me to remember every last detail about movepools and so and so. I'm not going to remember every last guy who learns a given move, especially when it's a crappy move or a move the Pokémon doesn't have any use for. I can remember Bronzong or Steelix knowing Gyro Ball (and even then, I'd look up whether it's by level-up or TM or egg move), but if you told me Starmie or Drifblim also did, I'd be all, "they do?" Likewise, I don't memorize level-up lists, I look them up when I need to, ignoring moves that have no use.

Bottom line, I only remember the useful stuff, not whatever merely qualifies as the answer to a trivia question. There are some things my head can keep, for everything else there's Serebii.

Repto

0 +0

May 23 '09

Yep, that's how I am, also.

Breloom

0 +0

May 23 '09

o_o This is hard.

Well, here we go.

1. I think I actually know 100 and 200. Voltorb and Misdreavus? No clue on the others, so I'll just guess Nosepass and Staraptor.

2. Body Slam, I guess

3. Snatch

4. Explosion

5. 6 Magikarp (Seriously, who?)

6. Two

7. Two

8. Rollout, Milk Drink, Pound

9. Cosmic Punch
- Frostbite
- Trump Card

10. Have a Relicanth and Wailord in your first and last slots when you approach the door

11. 140

12. Apapa Berry

13. Kinesis

14. Three

15. Bronzor
- Bronzong
- Mawile

16. Three pairs

17. 2nd

18. Egg Bomb

19. Route 13 (night)

20. 14

How'd I do? :P

Slowflake

0 +0

May 24 '09

For the first one, it's about as close as you can get without getting it right. You nailed the first two, while Nosepass is 299, and Staraptor 398.

fineifold

0 +0

May 24 '09

So.... can we have the answers?

Repto

0 +0

May 26 '09

Sure.

1. 100: Voltorb, 200: Misdreavus, 300: Skitty, 400: Bibarel.

2. Body Slam by a longshot.

3. Follow Me comes third, after Helping Hand and Snatch.

4. TM 50 is Nightmare.

5. Arcanine, Suicune, Slaking. Spencer was a Frontier Brain in Emerald.

6. Six: Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Snorlax. When Hyper Beam was actually viable.

7. Only four had 130 attack: Machamp, Kingler, Rhydon, Flareon.

8. Attract, Stomp, Rollout, Milk Drink. TREMBLE!

9. Meteor Mash is called Comet Punch, Sheer Cold is Absolute Zero, and Last Resort is Treasure.

10. You stood in the center of the room and used Fly to unlock Registeel's lair.

11. 252 EVs + 31 IVs + Nature + lv50 = 200.

12. Occa Berry reduces Fire damage.

13. The magnets can all learn Explosion now.

14. Four: Spike Cannon, Zap Cannon, Hydro Cannon, Flash Cannon.

15. I screwed my wording on this and forgot to edit it. I should have said evolutionary lines or final forms and not Pokemon. Regardless, they're Bronzong, Magnezone, and Forretress.

16. Six: Air Lock, Clear Body, Shell Armor, Pure Power, Insomnia, and Solid Rock. Nothing else does EXACTLY the same thing as another, so Shadow Tag and Arena Trap aren't correct.

17. Venusaur learned Petal Dance for the first time in G/S/C as an egg move.

18. Double-Edge is Blissey's last.

19. A Rocket Executive uses a Houndoom against you during the radio tower takeover.

20. Twelve: Sunkern, Tyrogue, Spinda, Snorunt, Glalie, Castform, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, and Arceus.

There we have it!

majestic star

0 +0

May 26 '09

You missed Shaymin.

Repto

0 +0

May 26 '09

My bad. Blame Skymin for that.

fineifold

0 +0

May 26 '09

Wow, Breloom and I got 4 while CKY Tribal got 5, we all pretty much did the same.

Slowflake

0 +0

May 26 '09

8. Attract, Stomp, Rollout, Milk Drink. TREMBLE!

*checks Gastly's gender in Crystal*

...oh come on, are you kidding me? Now I'm worried... I'm gonna need everything I'm going to pick up in and around Goldenrod if I want to win this. Taking this on with my current lineup would surely end in disaster.