Forums · What if Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill was legal?

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 16 '09

Do you think it could become the new Scizor?

I think the potential is there, especially since Azumarill's Attack is even higher than Scizor's, Belly Drum's worth three Swords Dances and Water's a much better offensive typing than Steel. The lack of Technician hurts though, as well as Belly Drum's HP penalty. Still, Aqua Jet off 1744 attack would be very compelling.
Rating: 0

majestic star

0 +0

Apr 15 '09

Like you said, lack of Technician hurts, but what you neglected to mention is the lack of STAB U-turn and Pursuit as well. As a team player, it would be much worse, but stand alone, it could very well give Scizor a run for its money. Similar bulk on the physical side and more bulk on the special and both have good defensive typing. Less speed speed also hurts, at least for things like Suicune or Vaporeon. I'd definitely say this is one of the more difficult theorymons.

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 15 '09

At the very least, I think it'd become comfortably OU. As I said, there's a lot of potential, but as you accurately pointed out, Scizor happens to be more than just a beastly priority move. So that's just that, potential.

ArecP

0 +0

Apr 15 '09

I think you would probably see Vaporeon a lot more if that set was legal as it is probably the only Pokemon that can safely switch in on Azumarill. I haven't run the calcs to see how much Superpower or a neutral attack would do on Vappy though. However, Vappy wouldn't be able to do much to Azumarill unless HP Grass does 50%+

It's compelling, I bet Azumarill would certainly jump to OU as Scizor did.