Forums · RMTA?

Hail Team

Wesferd

0 +0

Apr 8 '09

Hey, Wesferd here, this is my second attempt at a Hail team? I tried something else, and hopefully it has a few less flaws.

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Hasty- 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 SpAtk
Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Wood Hammer

Abomasnow is my lead to get Hail going right at the start and with the EV/Choice Scarf setup hopefully he'll be able to cause some good damage before he's down from his many many weaknesses.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold- 220 HP, 240 Def, 50 Speed
Ice Body
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Walrein is my staller after I've gotten Toxic Spikes/Toxic up, then i just basically outlast them, letting Hail and Poison do the rest.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy- 252 HP, 86 Atk, 80 Def, 92 SpDef
Levitate
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong is to soak up any weaknesses that he can and to attack/Stealth Rock whenever possible. Explosion is a great last ditch move.

Swampert @ Choice Band
Adamant- 110 HP, 204 Atk, 96 Def, 100 Speed
Torrent
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Swampert is an attacker, who I use to take out anyone who my others can't and to take damage from various types for the team.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed- 252 HP, 114 Atk, 144 Def
Sturdy
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Forretress is my Rapid Spinner/Toxic Spiker, attacks when possible, not much else to it.

Moltress @ Leftovers
Bold- 248 HP, 150 Def, 112 Speed
Pressure

Moltress is used for the Toxic/Sub/Roost maneuver and Flamethrower when needed.

Basically my team works to start Hail going, attack anything that causes a problem for Walrein mostly, set up Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock if possible, then attack and stall till they're all out.
Get back to me as soon as possible, and yes, I know it sucks, but i tried?
-Wesferd
Rating: 0

Ongakujin

0 +0

Apr 10 '09

Here's my biggest issue with this team.

Infernape weak.

I realize that all Hail teams have this, but when you've got 4 pokemon that aren't even Ice type, and two of them get destroyed by fire, it's not a good combo. Rain Dance lowers Fire damage, not Hail. Also keep in mind a lot of Infernapes carry Grass Knot to OHKO Swampert. Yes, Moltres can act as a good counter, but, once again, a lot of Infernapes carry Stone Edge, so you have to be careful.

The last try you had at the Hail team was a little better outside of EVs, since you had something that was immune to fighting in Spiritomb. My other problem with having so many non Ice types is that you lose the ability to gain health back while your opponents are being hurt.

Consider Froslass: excellent spiker, status-inducer, and spin-blocker.

I have Starmie on my hail team. It's a great switch in on status with Natural Cure so you can keep your attackers safe. It also learns Rapid Spin, which is a must on any Hail team. Not to mention it resists all of Ice's weaknesses except for Rock.

majestic star

0 +0

Apr 10 '09

Just for future reference, you can edit your posts. This makes it a lot easier to help with your teams.