Forums · Rate My Hail Team?

This is my first attempt at a hail team

Wesferd

0 +0

Apr 8 '09

Hey, Wesferd here, and this is my first try at making a hail team. I'm not so sure on how it works, but i tried my best, and this is what i came up with? Give me any feedback, it's all welcome. (except negative, unless you're showing me how to do something right)

Abomasnow @ Choice scarf
Hasty- 252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 6 SpDef
Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Wood Hammer

So basically, Abomasnow is what gets the fun started? With his ability, Hail starts, and i have him set for a little higher speed because with all his weaknesses he's sure to get killed somehow, so at least he can do some good damage or maybe even take out an enemy or two before he's down for the count.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold- 252 HP, 228 Def, 30 SpDef
Ice Body
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Roar
- Substitute

'Stallrein' -pause for laughter- is pretty basic, he uses the Hail to his advantage, stalls with Sub/Protect and attacks or roars if there is the chance/need to.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy- 252 HP, 86 Atk, 80 Def., 92 SpDef
Levitate
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong is there to take hits for anyone who's susceptible to any of his resistances, attack when/if needed, set up Stealth Rock, and possibly put an enemy to sleep with Hypnosis.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Bold- 248 HP, 148 Def, 112 Speed
Pressure
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic

Moltres is another staller, Sub and Roost when needed, Toxic on anything i can outlast, and Flamethrower whenever effective.

Mamoswine @ Expert Belt
Adamant- 176 HP, 116 Atk, 198 Speed, 20 SpDef
Snow Cloak
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Basically, Mamoswine attacks? His Evasion is upped by the Hail and he's got Blizzard at 100% accuracy for whenever needed, along with Earthquake and Stone Edge for anything that tries to get him.

Spiritbomb @ Leftovers
Modest- 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtk
Pressure
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Secret Power Fighting
- Will-o-wisp

Spiritbomb is for soaking up any fighting moves directed at my Ice-types as well as attacking as best he can to anything he needs to, and the zero weaknesses is definitely a plus.

So basically, my team starts with Abomasnow, sets up Hail, attacks or switches, and deals with the situation accordingly, be it mauling over a tank, quickly dispatching a sweeper, or setting up for something big. I tried my best with what i knew, so give me any feedback possible to improve the quality of my team, thanks.
Rating: 0

majestic star

0 +0

Apr 8 '09

You want something to set up Toxic Spikes, seeing as anything with Leftovers can survive against your StallRein, and some things will even outstall it. Moltres, rather your entire team, really needs Rapid Spin support. Mamoswine should always have Ice Shard. Make the Spiritomb more defensive, maybe a RestTalker. This team is quite slow, but at the same time, fairly frail and weak. What, exactly is Mamoswine trying to do with that EV spread?

ArecP

0 +0

Apr 8 '09

Abomasnow: You have 3 physical attacks and 252 SpAtk Evs O_o I'm pretty sure you don't need that much to OHKO the dragons. Rework your evs a little, I would help but I'm not into making spreads anymore :( Of course you can just use different moves.

Get rid of Blizzard on Mamoswine, Ice Shard is the way to go. Get rid of Toxic, too, Mamo has no business using it, he should be attacking. Add Superpower in the place of Toxic.

Looks like Majestic got to it first, everything he said is true. Toxic Spikes > Toxic in most cases. Tentacruel is a good choice.

Ongakujin

0 +0

Apr 10 '09

The only thing that I would add that hasn't been said is this: consider using an alternate item on Abomasnow, or be ready to switch out and back in if you come up against a Sandstorm team.

One of the advantages of Abomasnow is that he can be slower than most Tyranitar sets, and some Hippowdon sets, allowing your Snow Warning to set up rather than Sandstream.

Granted I'm going to be using a Timid Abomasnow on my team, but Choice Scarf is a good lead. Just be weary of Sandstorm, I suppose, it can really mess up your Stallers.

Also, if you do want Blizzard on Mamoswine, I believe you need 20 SpAtk EVs and a Life Orb to guarantee 2HKO on Skarmory in Hail. Keep in mind that Blizzard does not hit for SE on Bronzong, which is the only pokemon that resists Ground/Rock and Ice. Which is why ArecP's suggestion of Superpower is so important.