Forums · RMT?

My First One

Wesferd

0 +0

Apr 6 '09

Hey, this is my first time making a team. I did a bit of research and put together something i thought was alright? Any kind of feedback is fine, thanks.

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Bold- 252 HP, 60 Def, 154 Speed, 44 SpDef
Levitate
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic

This is my lead and what i use to set up. I put up a Light Screen or Reflect depending on who I'm up against, then continue to switch to another pokemon to set up Spikes/Stealth Rocks. I also use her in case I need to use Lunar Dance to heal someone important for the situation and I have a chance to switch. Psychic is for attacking, but mostly filler.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish- 252 HP, 64 Atk, 176 Def, 18 Speed
Keen Eye
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is my main physical wall and also for putting up Stealth Rock and whirlwind to shuffle through their team, see what I'm up against and for some extra damage with Spikes and Stealth rock up. Brave Bird is for attacking while tanking and Roost is for whenever you might heal.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm- 82 HP, 252 Def, 176 SpDef
Natural Cure
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Blissey is my main special wall. I've got Wish to heal other characters and Softboiled to heal Blissey, Toxic for stalling, and Flamethrower for an attack technique.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed- 252 HP, 112 Atk, 144 Def
Sturdy
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Forretress is my Rapid Spinner and who I use to set up spikes. Gyro Ball is for attacking and Rest is for healing after any damage.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Impish- 244 HP, 184 Def, 82 Speed
Solid Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Roar

Basically, Rhyperior is for stalling, once again, attacking whomever she might be effective against, and Roaring to make good use of the Stealth Rock/Spikes that have been set up.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest- 228 HP, 30 Speed, 252 SpAtk
Flash Fire
-Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Heatran is for stalling when possible, setting up Stealth Rocks, and attacking whenever useful. Simple.

My team is my first try at a sort of Stall team? Start by setting up defenses with Cresselia, putting up Stealth Rock/Spikes as possible, Rapid Spin if someone tries the same, heal whoever needs it, and attack. Pretty simple and obviously not the best, but I'm still trying? Give it a lookover and let me know of any blatant mistakes i may have made or any suggestions you might have.
Thankye kindly.

Rating: 0

majestic star

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

DS Cresselia, or any DS user is better suited for offensive teams than anything. I would use Spikes on Skarmory, rather than SR, seeing as you have it on Heatran as well. This will allow Forretress to use TS, instead of normal Spikes. You also lack a spin blocker, which would mean that you wasted anywhere from 1-4 turns. That Forretress is just asking for Magnezone to come in and set up a Sub and Magnet Rise against it with absolute impunity. After Cresselia goes down, MixNape has a complete field day against this team. Trick Latias will also rip through this team once they see that Blissey is your only answer to any type of Latias at all. That Rhypherior looks completely out of place, especially without SS up. You also lack anything to take water attacks, and have 2 Pokemon weak to it, one being a 4x weakness. Looking at your type chart, http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/team_builder/ , you have quite a bit of trouble with Fighting type attacks.

My proposed changes: Replace Cresselia with Rotom-a, that retains Levitate, changes the fighting resistance to an immunity, gives you the ability to block Rapid Spin, drops a bug weakness and picks up a resistance to it. Replace Forretress with Tentacruel; it gives you an answer to MixNape, can still use TS, gives you a much needed water resistance, can Rapid Spin, and isn't completely powerless against Rotom-a or Magnezone, or many other threats for that matter. Rhypherior should be replaced by Swampert; this gets rid of a fighting weakness and Water weakness, while retaining many of the good qualities of Rhypherior, and gives you a counter to Tyranitar. By giving Pert SR, you can let Heatran take up a more offensive position.

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of Brave Bird on Skarmory, Leftovers + Roost or not. However, it can't do jack offensively without it, so it's lose-lose... at least it has Drill Peck to fall back on if the recoil becomes a problem, instead of having to rely on Aerial Ace.

And referring to Rhyperior as a she...? Um, that's... interesting.

ArecP

0 +0

Apr 7 '09

Lead Weavile and Azelf ruin your lead with Taunt as Weavile is immune to Psychic and Azelf resists. Also the speed EVs are useless imo, I would rather have them in the defensive stats.

Change Flamethrower to Ice Beam on Blissey. Ice Beam does a lot more than what Flamethrower does.

Forretress has no business using rest unless you're trying to do a RestTalking set. Well it could absorb statuses but other than that...yeah.

Lose the Roar on Rhyperior and just use another attack option and slap a Choice Band on it if you plan on keeping it.

For a stall team that mainly resists Sandstorm...you don't have a Hippowdon or T-tar as that is what most stall teams revolve around.

Heracross, Infernape, and Azelf can all cause problems for your team. As majestic star said, Tentacruel and Swampert are good options.