Forums · Pokemon Platinum Thread - Q&A

because a walkthru is just too much

Ongakujin

0 +0

Apr 2 '09

As some of you know, I suggested a walkthru collaboration amongst some of the Libelldra community here - and I've played through all of Platinum save beating the Brain in the Battle Hall.

I've kind of given up on the whole walkthru idea. It's the same as Diamond and Pearl save a few very specific things. Anything that might have been confusing or difficult to find is the same as in DP: where to get some of the HMs (most are given to you by NPCs), how to get the Psyducks out of the way, etc.

So I've made this thread to address any questions regarding anything in Platinum that any Libelldra members may have. Again, I've played through it all save Stark Mountain, Turnback Cave, Snowpoint Temple, and fighting the Brain in the Battle Hall.

Don't feel embarrassed to ask even the most basic questions.
Rating: 0

Repto

0 +0

Apr 2 '09

I've done all those things, so I guess I can be of some use too.

infinitrax

0 +0

Apr 2 '09

Hi, long time lurker, newly registered user and all. Does Rotom revert back to it's basic form when it's being traded (read: can I get a Rotom-H from a japanese version of Platinum)?

Repto

0 +0

Apr 2 '09

Awesome. First question and I honestly don't know.

infinitrax

0 +0

Apr 2 '09

No worries. I'll just wait for the key like everyone else.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

I think you can, but you obviously can't if it's traded to DP.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

Can I find ditto somewhere, or do I have to import from emerald (will be a pain since I just started a new game and am at the boring part where you go mindlessly around the ocean)

Repto

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

Ditto can be found in the grass on the route east of Canalave. Radar it.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

thanks

Ongakujin

0 +0

Apr 10 '09

So I played through Stark Mountain. It's the same as before save a couple more plot additions, I believe. I took the opportunity to abuse Buck's healing to level a 49 Glaceon to 78 before leaving. Hurray for boosted XP and a Lucky Egg.

Anyways, just a small tidbit about the E4 that would help people get prepared:

Aaron: drops Beautifly/Dustox for Yanmega/Scizor. Can potentially be a problem since his pokemon are pretty bulky and are very powerful with the exception of Vespiquen who's just bulky.

Yanmega - Double Team spamming variety. Attacks with Bug Buzz and Air Slash, don't know what the fourth move is.
Scizor - Not sure what moves it has, I usually OKHO it.
Heracross - same as D/P.
Vespiquen - same as D/P. Not sure if she still has Power Gem.
Drapion - should be the same as D/P.

You can sweep Aaron easily with an Infernape. Drapion takes EQs like a chump. Also goes down easy to Staraptor

Bertha: drops Sudowoodo in favor of Rhyperior, Quagsire in favor of Gliscor. All in all, stronger, but still slow.

Whiscash - physical attacker, pretty lame. May carry Fissure, I don't remember. I've only seen it use Zen Headbutt and Sandstorm.
Golem - physical attacker, if you don't have water or grass you may have some trouble here and with Rhyperior. EQ/Stone Edge
Rhyperior - don't know his moveset, I OHKO everytime.
Gliscor - same as Rhyperior.
Hippowdon - lower in level to Rhyperior. should be same as D/P

Flint: Drops Lopunny, Steelix, Drifblim for Flareon, Houndoom, Magmortar

Houndoom - Dark Pulse/Sunny Day are all I ever see. I assume it's got Flamethrower.
Flareon - no idea what it's got. Usually take it down in one hit. Probably Superpower, along with Quick Attack (probably Fire Fang too).
Infernape - same as D/P
Rapidash - same ase D/P
Magmortar - no idea. It's level is higher than infernape, so it's got the Sitrus Berry istead.

All in all, both Flint and Bertha are easy sweeps for Empoleon, short of Infernape. If you started with Infernape, Gyarados does a fine job.

Lucien: adds Espeon and Gallade to his arsenal, overall a lot stronger. Drops Medicham and Girafarig.

Mr. Mime - Reflect/Light Screen/Thunderbolt/Psychic. Can be extremely annoying if you don't Taunt or OHKO.
Espeon - Psychic/Shadow Ball, probably has Morning Sun.
Bronzong - lower in level to Gallade, same as D/P
Gallade - Psycho Cut/Stone Edge probably has an elemental punch and Close Combat. Bulky physical attacker. Has Steadfast, so be careful of using Flinchhax or you may get swept.
Alakazam - same as D/P. gotta be really bulky or fast to beat this thing, hits like a truck

Lucien's much tougher in general. Gallade and Medicham are about equal but Espeon is a huge upgrade from Girafarig.

Cynthia's data will be input later, I've got a date tonight.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 11 '09

Cynthia's hilarious, I beat her entire team with a lv 53 toxistall giratina with dt and a crapload of hyper potions.

infinitrax

0 +0

Apr 11 '09

I have a question about one of the Trainers in the Survival Area. Mira (the small pink girl) is available initially or do you have to unlock her somehow?

Repto

0 +0

Apr 12 '09

You have to guide her out of Wayward Cave first (the right entrance.) Only then is she available. The same goes for Marley and Riley, but chances are you already did those sidequests.

infinitrax

0 +0

Apr 12 '09

That's right, I completely forgot about Wayward Cave. Thanks!

Ongakujin

0 +0

Apr 12 '09

[QUOTE USER="repto" TIME="1239510747"]You have to guide her out of Wayward Cave first (the right entrance.) Only then is she available. The same goes for Marley and Riley, but chances are you already did those sidequests.[/QUOTE]

Also keep in mind that Marley, as well as Buck are only both attainable after the National dex is unlocked. Riley and Mira are available beforehand.