Forums · A Valentine's Day Card.

With Brawl!

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

I'm a total nerd at heart. An artsy nerd. As such, I decided to draw my boyfriend a card for Valentine's Day. He mains King DeDeDe while I main Ness. My silliness got the better of me and this is the product of it.

Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 14 '09

haha, reminds me of brawl taunts, "you can have (omfg here it comes) MY BIG GAY DANCE"

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Feb 14 '09

That's awesome of you.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 14 '09

Cool card, Eso; you should brawl me sometimes :D

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

Thanks, guys. :3

CD, I would Brawl you sometime, but I only get to play within the dorm, and I'm fairly certain that it's not wired up to the Internet.

Not to mention, the moment ANYBODY within the dorm sees any one else Brawling, they immediately want to jump in (I've actually had a few guys tell me to get off even though I set up the damn thing by myself to practice for a few minutes).

Unfortunately, the people in my dorm aren't much of a challenge to me, and because of that I tend to play sloppily against really good players...

But, yeah, if the opportunity ever arises, we should totally Brawl one day.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

Lol. Do you play group brawls or 1vs1? >_> Also, I'm not that good myself. My main would have to be between Falco/Ike. My seconds would be Wolf/Fox I guess. >_>

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

Usually, it's half and half on what I play. I prefer 1v1 because I don't get ganged in that situation, but groups can be entertaining, especially if it's team battle with friendly fire on (as it SHOULD be).

Ah, Falco and Ike. Things I'm kind of afraid of since those are my boyfriend's secondaries. XD;; That's cool though. I hardly see Falco players (because most people in the dorm pick characters like Ike, Pit, Sonic, Snake, and Pikachu).

As I've already stated, my main is Ness (has been since N64, ha ha), but my secondaries are Bowser and PT. I've been trying to bring my ZSS up to speed with my PT, but I'm afraid I confuse the playing styles up more often than I like.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

Who's PT? The only thing I can think of is Princess Peach. That or Pit. Meh.

I've never played SSBM before, so SSBB would be the first "official" game that I actually own.

I originally mained Ike but I've been trying to use Falco more and more nowadays. My worse matchups would probably be mirror matches and ROB to an extent. I have a lot of secondaries to be honest. A lot. To name some; Wolf/Fox/Lucario/Lucas and Captain Falcon for the lulz.

Repto

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

..."who's PT."

Pokemon Trainer, Cross. Try thinking a little harder next time. =P

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 15 '09

Doh. xD Thanks Repto. I always refer to Pokemon Trainer as either Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle. >_>

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

Yeah, PT is Pokemon Trainer. XD;; My proficiency in each Pokemon goes something like this:

Squirtle>Ivysaur>Charizard

I suppose if you have that many secondaries, you might as well count Random as your secondary. XD;;

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

I've messed around with Pokemon Trainer a bit. (One time, I even considered maining him.) But If I had to say how well I use each pokemon, it'd be something like this:
Charizard > Ivysaur > Squirtle.

gameboy

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

friendly fire is for people who can't stop being grabbed and then falcon punched

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

I find Friendly Fire off just promotes the Spamming Nature of scrubs more than it fosters any real team dynamics. Since people are more inclined just to play in an FFA style but with the reassurance that at least one other person on the field isn't going to kill you somehow. Though, I am guilty of the grab/Smash technique whenever my friends want FF off. >__>

I actually started off that way too, CD. I really wanted to main PT, but my Mother 2 instincts were calling me to Ness. XD

Ongakujin

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

[QUOTE USER="crossdragon" TIME="1234798022"]I've messed around with Pokemon Trainer a bit. (One time, I even considered maining him.) But If I had to say how well I use each pokemon, it'd be something like this:
Charizard > Ivysaur > Squirtle. [/QUOTE]

Wow, someone who uses Charizard better than the other two? I've had some rough experiences with Charizard just because he floats really well and a lot of my friends are exceptional with their air game. Ivysaur is a pure beast and Squirtle gets heavier when you charge up Water Gun - it seems like his attacks get more powerful, but he maintains his speed.

For me I guess it would be Ivysaur>=Squirtle>Charizard. I maul guys with Charizard sometimes, I spent months playing as PT and Charizard was the only one I couldn't get - so my Squirtle and Ivysaur were beasts until I needed to figure out how to Rock Smash their faces.

If I ever get around to buying this and moving in with my buddy soon, I'd try and brawl you guys. My mains are Lucario/Ike/PT Secondaries are Marth/Falcon/Jigglypuff.

Yay metagame.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

i am pretty bad at brawl tbh

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

Yes we need more Ike users. However you must never play me in a mirror match. I hate Ike/Falco Mirror matches.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

Cross I own you so much with Ike and Falco I make you look like you play as me.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 16 '09

Way to kill the topic.

gameboy

0 +0

Feb 17 '09

The above statement is a lie.

And a cake too.