Forums · Typhlosion • Page 2

more questions

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

If you have it try overheat instead of flamethrower.
Rating: 0

Ongakujin

0 +0

Feb 26 '09

I'm kind of reluctant to try Overheat - I have really bad luck with its accuracy in game, although it is a much better option for the hit and run nature of this set.

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 26 '09

I have to agree with fineifold here. The way most Typhlosions work is that they use Eruption when their HP is high, and when it gets lower they're going to die soon anyway, so you have one or two turns left to leave as much of a dent as possible, so Overheat is the move you want there. And keep in mind, two Overheats deal more damage than two Flamethrowers.

majestic star

0 +0

Feb 27 '09

I must disagree about using Overheat as a replacement for Typhlosion. If this were a Specs set instead, that would be a good idea, but Scarf Sets are better at late game clean ups, and for that purpose, Flamethrower would be better, as 1 hit from SR and 1 layer of Spikes causes Eruption to match Flamethrower in power. Overheat hitting harder is only true assuming the opponent is 2HKOed, which is unlikely, and even then, 2 hits from Flamethrower will also likely 2HKO.

If, however, you do decide to use Specs, definitely choose Overheat.

Ongakujin

0 +0

Feb 27 '09

Where do you get Choice Specs in game?

I can't find it. Haven't looked at the Game Corner yet though.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 28 '09

The place where you got Blackglasses and Wise Glasses or whatever. It's the house in Celestial Town, but it's during a specific time of day.

dootx28

0 +0

Mar 11 '09

Typhlosion doesn't get U-Turn.

The absolute best set for Typhlosion, IMO, is the Scarf/Specs set, with Eruption/Fire Blast (or Flamethrower)/Focus Punch/HP-Grass or Ice.

Focus Blast is balls, honestly. I ran one for awhile in UU with Focus Blast and it didn't do shit to Chansey (and obviously less to Blissey). Switch in on something with a fire weak and watch as Blissey or Heatran is demolished on the switch by Focus Punch.

Fire Blast or Flmethrower is obviously the preference of power vs. accuracy, but technically, Fire Blast has better damage output. 95x100= 9500 vs 85x120 = 10,200 so yeah. Blaze Fire Blast also fucks up just about everything.

Sub Punch with a pinch berry (Salac, Petaya, or Leichi) works fairly well, also. Sub/Focus Punch/EQ/Fire Blast. Not bad once you get into the red. Infernape or Blaziken does this better, though.

fineifold

0 +0

Mar 11 '09

Doesn't chansey block special attacks better then every other pokemon but blissy? If so that would be a great lol moment and a testament to how they didn't even need blissy.

Slowflake

0 +0

Mar 11 '09

Indeed. It has barely less HP, but quite a bit less SD - still more than enough to be the second best special wall. Oh, and imagine the days of RBY when it had 105 base SA as well. Ewwww.

<< Previous Page