item:focus sash
ev's=0 Iv's=0 lv=0
effect: technician
1. bulk up
2.endeavor
3.quick attack
4.bullet punch

hitmontop isable to act as a blissy counter. this set happened to me
a sent in hitmontop (I didn't switch in mid combat)
b had blissy out
b switched to azelf
a used bulk up
b used psychic
a hung on using focus sash
a used endeavor
a used quick attack

So in the end;
the good: no immunities, suprising
the bad: fear will always be a novelty :(
Rating: 0

MillionDaggers

0 +0

May 6 '08

Well FEAR is always a gimmick, thing is Endeavour is always countered by ghosts (it is a Normal attack), and thus Bullet Punch won't act as a back up.

Also, if you're using Bulk-Up, and they hit you with a physical attack--won't it defeat the purpose (of course, at level 1 it will probably be killed by anything)? A STAB attack would always be better (or a way to hit ghosts).

imo, Phanphy is the best FEAR--Ice Shard and immunity to sandstorm.

fineifold

0 +0

May 7 '08

I mean no immunities as in a pokemon can't scout with shadow ball/T-bolt and bulk up is only there to fool people into thinking it's trying to set up. since it's lv 1, it doesn't matter what moves it has as long as it fits the fear guidelines. I aggree with you totally on the gimmick note though.

rose!cherubi

0 +0

May 7 '08

[QUOTE USER="fineifold" TIME="1210163194"] and bulk up is only there to fool people into thinking it's trying to set up. since it's lv 1, it doesn't matter what moves it has[/QUOTE]

Massive contradiction there.

fineifold

0 +0

May 8 '08

[QUOTE USER="Rose" TIME="1210170014"][QUOTE USER="fineifold" TIME="1210163194"] and bulk up is only there to fool people into thinking it's trying to set up. since it's lv 1, it doesn't matter what moves it has[/QUOTE]

Massive contradiction there.

[/QUOTE]

*as long as it follows the fear guidelines, as I said before

rose!cherubi

0 +0

May 8 '08

Whos going to be fooled that a LVL 1 is setting up with Bulk Up?

fineifold

0 +0

May 8 '08

The point is you don't know what it will do, the move bulk up is there just because it needs a filler and many people assume it's lv 100, do you check a pokemon's lv before you attack it?

rose!cherubi

0 +0

May 8 '08

Not noticing a level 1 hitmontop is more of an ineptitude in the player than a real strategy.

fineifold

0 +0

May 9 '08

So is a Fear rattata

Ray001

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

Well, I'm posting this idea just because it's talking about FEAR pokemon. Why not try Kangaskhan? Just give it Endeaver and Sucker Punch. I know it's unorthodox, but that's how I role. The only problem I can see with it is if someone knows it can learn Sucker Punch and uses something like Sword Dance or switches out. But otherwise, it seems pretty decent. I don't think people will be expecting it anyway. Just thought I'd say something. Sucker Punch also deals with anyone using Bullet Punch/Quick Attack/Aqua Jet. But not Extreme Speed. I go before Sucker Punch users all the time with Extreme Speed.

But yeah, not noticing a level 1 pokemon is kinda on the stupid side. But if you're fighting Level 100 style on Wi-Fi then give it Endure instead of Bulk Up.

majestic star

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

Sucker Punch is a priority 1 move along with the rest of those listed. When moves have the same priority as each other, the order is determined by speed.

Ray001

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

[QUOTE USER="majestic_star" TIME="1215506292"]Sucker Punch is a priority 1 move along with the rest of those listed. When moves have the same priority as each other, the order is determined by speed.[/QUOTE]

It is? Did not know that... But the main reason I suggested Kangaskhan was because of Scrappy allowing it to hit Ghost Types with Endeavor. That gets rid of the Ghost-counter to FEAR pokemon.

ArecP

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

Well, the set would fail on Wi-Fi. On shoddy though, I don't think anyone pays attention to the level. At least I don't.

Slowflake

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

Personally, I don't like the idea of FEAR at level 1, and that's because of Leftovers. You're not gonna kill anything if it has 21 HP left and you're level 1.

Ray001

0 +0

Jul 8 '08

[QUOTE USER="Slowflake" TIME="1215546041"]Personally, I don't like the idea of FEAR at level 1, and that's because of Leftovers. You're not gonna kill anything if it has 21 HP left and you're level 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Snowflake here. If you haven't, read the FEAR Smeargle post. It's stats are at Lvl 100 and it could work very well.