Forums · Million Daggers: Private Eye

Chapter 13: Exeggution! <_< gameboy, ruesap...get voting :]

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Mar 29 '08

Million Daggers: Private Eye

A mandatory extra-dramatic, super thrilling Prologue

Saffron City. A world of depravity, seething with corruption and terror. People and Pokemon died on these unntamed streets night after night. There was always some crisis, some bloody murder. It was as if it was a giant drain; all the filth, all the waste, all the trash piling up in those squalid gutters. A pale moon, broke through the pitch black night sky.

A tall dark man, swathed in a dark coat, stood at the penthouse of the Saffron Hotel and stared at the city; his creation, through a huge glass window pane that stretched wide across the room. He saw that it was good.

"Please, sir!"

He turned around slowly. Ah yes. The officer.

He slowly walked towards the man kneeling on the ground. He was crying. A fresh bruise lay upon his face. A gruff Machamp stood behind him, blue muscles rippling, ready at any moment to push down on the man's shoulders and crush his spine into the shag-pile carpet. The officer could not move.

Finally the man in black spoke: 'Mr. Matty_G33--,' he whispered softly.

The man, clasped his hands together and tried to crawl forward. The Machamp did not respond kindly, and grabbing the man's head, pummeled him into the ground.

"Champ!" [Stay down, idiot]* it yelled angrily.

"Mr. G33, if you continue to be prone to such outbursts, I will have to, Arceus-forbid, get violent."

The man named G33, whimpered.

"Tell me about the man they call MillionDaggers"

Matty glanced upwards.

"..space..sir" he mumbled.

"Pardon me?"

"There's a space... it's Million Daggers" he said, cleverly pronouncing the space with his infamous linguistic proficiency.

Another pause. Machamp grabbed G33's skull again, ready to punish him for his impudence. Sobs could be heard from the battered body. But the man in black simply chuckled.

"So you know him?"

"Yes..sir..yessir"

There were approving grunts from the other side of the room. They weren't alone, Matty thought.

"Where does he live?" asked the tall man, stepping closer.
"In an apartment. With his Shiftry. Shiftry is a stupid Pokemon." he concluded.

The noises in the shadows began to chuckle. And G33 slowly began to do so too. The tall man sighed, placed a cigarette into his mouth, Weez-boros, and, artfully throwing a lighter out of his pocket, lit it. The laughing immediately stopped. Matty was not so smart.

"Machamp," he said softly.
"Champ?" [sir?]
"Give this man a room. One with a view preferably."

The lumbering Pokemon grunted, and carrying officer G33 of the Saffron City Police Department (Gamefaqs division) still laughing, in his arms, the bulky Fighting Pokemon left the room. The shadowy man, whom we can now esablish as the bad guy, turned back to look at the window.

"We'll find him," he said to the air, in general; ignoring his contemporaries in the room with him.

No more than half a minute had passed, when a limp body, one that bore a striking resemblance to Officer _G33, fell past the window, and hurtled down into the flickering lights below.

Alright this is how it’s gonna work: you give me five names to get this thing started (anyone at all, Libelldra, Smogon, Gamefaqs (as long as I know who they are):

A.) Iggy Koopa
B.) Fantasty
C.) Jth

D.) SNX
E.) TPX
F.) Menofuntall
G.) L-Beast
H.) Gameboy3333
I.) CrossDragon
J.) Repto
K.) Slowflake
L.) You!

If you want to be the bad guy you’ll have to PM me with a description (unless of course, you get voted as one of the characters), so we don’t spoil the surprise (and if you PM me I won’t respond saying whether or not you are one, once again, so as not to spoil the surprise).

I’m not writing ‘choices’ yet, as I still want to get some feedback on it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and I hope I canbe bothered to keep this going.

*I'm gonna start putting translations in brackets.
Rating: 1

Ruesap

0 +0

Mar 29 '08

L, A, B, C, D
Rating: 0

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Mar 29 '08

A B F K L

CrossDragon

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

My Vote goes to... THE UNDER DOGS. F, G, J, K, and of course... L. You thought I was going to choose myself huh?

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

B, C, I, K, L. MEH!

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

I've got nothing better to do, still a bit tired from V-Fest (which was awesome) so.. update time.

a, b, c, f, k win. As an added surprise I'll add all the L's at some point (though they may be only cameos). Hoorah! (This isn't to say that you won't be in it. I forgot to put Truthi on the poll, so I have to put him in somewhere :D)

2 weeks later

Psychic Pokemon sucked... that was the general consesus of every half-decent Pokemon trainer in Saffron. Thus, it was no surprise that the Fighting dojo, once under suspicion of dealing illegal Tyrogues, had taken over its doors and was given an honorary Gym badge by the Pokemon league.

Million Daggers (with a space), stood, picking flecks of his trenchcoat, at the blue corner of the arena. Fierce black belts and one young boy, who kept talking about how much he loved shorts, watched intently. This was quite a fierce match. 3 on 3. Two Pokemon already down on both sides.

Blackbelt Jth stood at the red end, he shifted his weight onto his back legs and tossed out a Pokeball.

"Banzai!" he yelled, like the karate man he was,"Go... Lucario!"

The powerful sweeper launched itself out of the Pokeball.

"Cario," [Bring it, punk] it said.

Million saw this coming and sent out his prized Pokemon. A gasp resounded from the audience, the match-up would be terrible! Fighting against Dark? Jth would win for sure!

"Shiftry!" said Million casually, "Your turn!"

The dark bundle of leaves and branches matrialises in a flash of bright light.

"Shiftry-Shift" [no u, Lukey]

It was a lategame sweeper, Million knew, and would therefore Swords Dance. The prospect of a twice boosted Extreme Speed did not look good.

"Lucario," commanded Jth, "Dance!"

"Shiftry, Focus Punch."

Million grinned. This battle was as good as his. But as Shiftry's blisteringly quick fist was headed for Lucario's fragile chest, Million's pager began to ring. It was Iggy down at the station.

"Damn it!" Million whispered, "They call me when they can't solve a crime themselves."

He looked at Jth questioningly.

"Another time, then," The Bellsprout champ smiled.

Million nodded and called Shiftry back into its ball. He placed his trademark brown hat onto his head.

Now let's see what Iggy had to show him. He walked out the door, but first...

A.) Go to the Pokemon centre
B.) Go to the pub (or bar in American <_<)
C.) Screw it, straight to the Station

CrossDragon

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

B.) Go to the Pub and get drunk and get a hangover.

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

A. It seems like a good idea, with 2 poke's fainted and all...

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Mar 30 '08

B, same reason as Cross.

Truthiness

0 +0

Mar 31 '08

[QUOTE]I forgot to put Truthi on the poll, so I have to put him in somewhere :D)[/QUOTE]

:-D

I say B, but only because I just saw Hot Fuzz and a majority of the time in that movie was spent there. And it was awesome.

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Mar 31 '08

B wins. And I'll work the hangover in somewhere...

Million squinted into the setting afternoon light. Iggy could wait. He was bloody thirsty.

Menofuntall ran the 'Short Man', the pub down on 22nd street, in West Saffron. It was not a particularly nice bar. Particularly nice people did not go to the bar. But the beer was cheap, the peanuts were free and the cable as always on.

"Daggers!" yelled out Meno amicably, simultaneously wiping down the mahogony bar table with a dirty rag, in quite a contradictory fashion. But all barmen did it anyway, so that was alright.

"Heya Meno," replied Million. "I think I'll need something strong today-- if you know what I mean."

Meno nodded. He knew wht he meant.

"Vodka with Red Taurus (haha), coming right up"

Million grunted. He realised that his pager was beeping again, and he quickly turned it off. People came to the Short Man to get away from their pagers. He took out a Pokeball and tossed it in the air behind him.

"Shiftry, wat something to drink?"

A burst of light. "Shift" [k]

"One for Shiftry then," Million yelled.

Meno came back with two glasses, filled with a swirling caramel liquid.

"Drink up, boys" he said.

Million let Shiftry sip and cringe at his drink, knowing full well that Pokemon shouldn't touch that stuff. Ah, but Shiftry worked hard, he needed a treat once in a while, he thought.

"Heard about the body?"

The private eye turned around. Meno was talking his old barman toot again.

"Pardon me?"

"The body," said Meno, "that the boys in blue found downtown. Another officer. Pretty nasty too. Noone would've noticed if it hadn't started smelling so bad."

Million wanted to question the barman on how he came to know such highly clandestine Police information. But Meno had his ways. The detective just nodded. That's probably why they called, he thought.

Something in the corner of the room caught Million’s eye and he quickly snapped around.

“Something troubling you?” Meno asked.

The detective glanced furtively across the room. A fireplace burned happily at the end of the hall, while a dart board and pool table sat worn and cobwebbed at the right corner. There were plenty of shady fellows here.

Meno clapped his hand in the air. He hated being ignored; you don’t run a good spriting business, being ignored.

“Daggers! I asked if you if something—”

At the mention of this name a man in a trench coat, yes there’s no end to trench coats in this city, got up and began to leave.

“Hey, you!” yelled MD, “Stop!”

The man turned around, and broke into a full run.

“Shiftry, get him!”

Shiftry stood up groggily and attempted to launch a Focus Punch, falling over and smashing half a dozen beer mugs in the process. (Much to Meno's protest.)

Shi..f..t.” [I’ll regret this tomorrow], said the tree Pokemon and collapsed on the ground.

Million swore. Then he grabbed one of the two Pokeballs left in his belt. They were still weak from the evening’s battle, but they could probably cut it.

Crunching on some stale, salted peanuts, he threw the orb into the air.

“Go!” he said, “Um...”

A.) Yanmega
B.) Gyarados
C.) Ampharos
D.) Your choice, I guess
E.) Oh..and.. uh... Muk

Go, go, go vote now!

Next week, or day, or whatever: The First Real Battle!

CrossDragon

0 +0

Mar 31 '08

E.) Muk because Muk backwards is Ku*shot*

Truthiness

0 +0

Apr 1 '08

C for sure.
One of my favorites!

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Apr 1 '08

C - Not many Ampharos's in stories.

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Apr 1 '08

Yay Ampharos wins!

In that instant MD remembered what Pokemon was in that ball.

"Go! Ampharos!" he exclaimed.

"Prooh!" [What a stupid noise, I make], growled Ampharos.

"Alright Amphy," beseeched his trainer, "TWave that son of a bitch!"

Ampharos drew backwards, it's tail bristling with blue and white static. The lights in the bar flickered on and off.

Then, lunging forward at massive speed, it summoned a weak jolt of electricity that may paralyze the foe.

The bolt flew straight like an arrow, right at the fleeing individual. Making contact with his legs, the man, as if caught on a trip wire, flipped over and landed on he ground with a sickening thud. He slowly and agonisingly got up and removed his hood.

"By Arceus," he said, his voice filled with venom, "you will pay, Million Daggers."

Million stared at him intently. Arceus?, he thought, where've I heard that before?

He hobbled forward stepping into the light of description. The man had long black hair and dull grey eyes. He would've had quite reasonable features if it weren't for the disfiguring purple scar that slashed across his pale face.

"Pleased to meet you, we are Ominous Doom..."

Fumbling weakly at his belt he withdrew a red and white Pokeball.

"Gengar," he screamed "avenge us!"

A ghostly laughter filled the room. There was a whispering noise, then a scream. No a dozen screams. Tortured souls languishing in the fiery pits of hell. Gengar appeared.

"Ge-hehehe-ngar!" [lulz Ampharos nub], it laughed eerily.

"Not in my fucking bar!" yelled Meno, apparently still wanting in on the story.

"Gengar! Hypnotise everyone in the room!"

"Gar!" [Aye aye!]

"Ampharos," yelled Million, "Substitute! Now!"

With unnatural speed, the Lighthouse Pokemon threw a Rhydon doll in front of him. It flopped on the ground lifelessly.

Gengar, still grinning menacingly, unleashed several blue rings into the air, they spread around, immediately knocking out all living creatures in the vicinity. All except its trainer, oh and MD and Ampharos who hid behind the safety of a foot tall rag doll.

"Ampharos! Give them a taste of your Thunder wave!"

"Amph!", it said charging up once more.

"Gengar," yelled the paralysed trainer,"Shadow Ball!"

It was like a blur. Spreading its diminutive arm into the air, the ghost began to collect the shadow from every corner of the room, every nook, every cranny, into one swirling orb of darkness.

The man named Doom smiled evilly.

"Attack," he whispered.

Gengar launched the ball at the same time as Ampharos finished charging. The attack hit its mark, making contact with the Rhydon doll and exploding.

Dust and debris was launched ito the air.

"Shit," swore Daggers.

But his shit was unwarranted for the Substitute was stable as ever. On the other hand of the playing field, however, the ghost lay on the ground, yellow sparks crackling across its corpulent form. It was no longer smiling.

"Gengar.." Ominous Doom lamented.

"Hah! Ampharos, Thunderbolt on Gengar, full power!!!"

"AAAhmp!" it yelled, it's black eyes turning a glaring white. Stabbing it's glowing tail into the air in front of it, Ampharos unleashed an electric attack the likes of which would give a dozen kids in Japan major seizures.

The wave of lighting tore through the bar, ripping a gaping maw into the roof in the process, a scoring a direct hit on the crippled Gengar.

"Gar!!"it screamed in agony, as half of its ghostly body was torn off completely. Purple smoke poured out of the hole in it's side.

"No, Gengar!" yelled Ominous.

"Now we can finally get ome answers" Million Daggers said through gritted teeth. Shiftry softly hiccuped in the corner, fast asleep.

"Ampharos, good job...return!"

Ominous Doom was paralysed! Ominous Doom unable to move!

Million Daggers strode towards him.

"We can get you to a hospital," he said, "But give me some answers. Why were you following me? What is an Arceus? You keep talking about one, what is it?"

Ominous Doom gave a deathly laugh.

"My time on earth is short," he laughed, well, ominously, "But yours is much shorter. We are many..."

He spoke to his dying companion: "Gengar we have our man! Finish me and report to the Order!"

"...gar"it mumbled weakly.

"Look," said Million reasonably, "You'll die without help, Gengar will die without help. Give me some answers and we can all leave without losing anything."

"All liars will be punished by Arceus..."

"Who is this Arceus?"

But before Ominous could open his mouth, his Gengar, or rather what ws left of it, came swooping across the bar at a suprisingly quick pace.

"hehehe-ngar."[master...]

It launched itself at Ominous Doom's stiffening body and came out through the other end. Life left the shadowy man's eyes. Gengar gave a stare with its one remaining eye and departed through the hole in the roof, light from the moon was clouded through its toxic body.

"Geng..." [Arceus will destroy...]

Million Daggers stared helplessly at nothing in particular. He glanced around the bar, everyone was asleep.

"Shiftry return..." he called, and walked outside, leaving a five dollar tip as he did so. His mind was buzzing. Perhaps he should find out more on this Arceus... no Iggy was waiting...

His eyes began to droop. Or he could just go home and have a nap...

Seemingly making up his mind he walked towards the pavement. He pulled his coat over his body, and began rubbing his hands together in defence from the cold.

The moon was up high and bright. Zubat screeched in the distance. That's it, he thought, we're going to...

A.) the station, Iggy must be bored to tears...
B.) the university and try to figure out this Arceus character...
C.) bed... I'm bloody tired...

Looks like the ball's rolling now. Where's MD going next?

Maybe I'll add a body count somewhere:

Matty_G33 (hit the ground, the ground got pissed and killed the bastard)
Ominous Doom (seppuku, killed by Gengar)...

lulz... anyway get voting!

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Apr 1 '08

WTF, I'm dead? You will pay... Oh well, B. Iggy must be bored.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Apr 1 '08

Wow, you killed off Doom in 1 short update. >_> I had to stretch my story before killing off one of my characters. Anywho, C.) Bed, Iggy can wait till tomorrow.

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Apr 2 '08

C. Go to bed, get some sleep, and an assassination attempt to wake you up =D

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Apr 2 '08

[QUOTE USER="Ominous Doom" TIME="1207096085"]WTF, I'm dead? You will pay... Oh well, B. Iggy must be bored.[/QUOTE]

lulz story's not over yet ;)

I'll wait a bit, then update...

EDIT: [QUOTE USER="CrossDragon" TIME="1207103175"]...in 1 short update. >_>... [/QUOTE]

Wasn't that short <_<

EDIT 2: why haven't I moved to a second page?

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Apr 2 '08

Screw it I'll update... double post

C wins

Million Daggers was floating. He was in some sort of huge white room. It smelt like.. it smelt like bacon frying. He followed his nose and moved forward into the abyss. There was a noise.

He turned around.

Women!

There were beautiful women sitting in a behind him. Their tanned bodies glistening. They were smiling at him!

He waved back and began to drift towards them.

"Hello, ladies," he said, reaching out his right hand.

The girl in front of him, blonde and half naked, giggled coquettishley. She mumbled something.

Million smiled. "Hiya. My name's Million Daggers."

The girls giggled. The blonde one looked up again.

"My name is--"

"Yes?"

Immediately her features began to turn reddish... then purple.

“My name..” she said, “is exploud.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said.. my name is exPLOUD!”

Million Daggers jolted awake.

Exploud, in his chef's hat, was staring at him happily, its mouth touching the bed.

"PLOUD!" [Breakfast's ready!]

MD released all his two remaining Pokemon from the portable PokeCentre(tm), once titled the portable Nurse Joy but rennamed for decency.

"Shift," greeted Shiftry clutching its forehead, while Ampharos gratefully trotted towards a plate.

What a night, he thought. He glanced at his pager. Iggy again.

Dammit, what does he want?

He sat down at the rickety table and began to prod at his bacon. He stared around his dingy apartment and began to deconstruct the last day's events.

Arceus.

The name flashed by his mind again. The police murders, they were linked somehow. Some little club of mad men was plotting something. A storm was coming, he was sure of it.

He sat down on the pizza stained couch and flicked on the TV.

There was a battle on. Some beginners, in some lame tournament. The vets never came on this early in the morning.

Arceus. Arceus. Arceus. Where had he heard that name before?

No there was no other way around it. He would go to the station. See the body, then figure out what the hell was going on.

Then he had to find out why they had decided to involve him...

Saffron Police station was small. It was completely underfunded. Mr. Fantasty, the Police Superintendant, had long ago decided to give up trying to stop the crime in these parts. Saffron had definitely seen better days.

Jirachi, Iggy's companion, the wish maker sat a desk in the foyer.

"Rachi?" [May I help you, sir?] it asked sweetly.

"I have no idea what yo're saying," responded MD, "but if it was anything along the lines of 'may I help you sir?' then the answer is yes."

Jirachi gave a quizzical look, but continued smiling.

"Can I see Iggy please, Jirachi?"

It nodded and floated over to the detective. Grabbing his hand it's third eye opened for a split second. There was a flash.

"Ah Daggers! It's about time!"

It was Iggy. They were standing in a blue room with a sticky linoleum floor. Forensics. The place had a distinct disinfectant smell that always made Million sickto his stomach.

"What'd you want to show me, Iggy?"

Iggy laughed, and gestured for him to come into another room.

"Here," he said, "Two of ours."

He pointed detachedly at two bodies on different beds.

"GFaqs unit, _G33, Officer Matty, corporal," he muttered, and moved on, "Libelldra divsion. Dawka. First name unknown. Corporal."

He looked back up at Million Daggers.

"As of yet we have to establish a reason for death, tests conclude that while Mr. _G33 fell of a building, and Mr. Dawka was found in a lake, they were both killed before said events. Mr. _G33, seems to have bruises down his face and ne--"

"Machamp," Million interrupted.

"Sorry?"

"The bruises. Five in all. Last two on the outer sides are less darkly coloured, obviously meaning there was less pressure put on them." He held up his hand and waggled his ring and pinky fingers. "Weakest fingers. Least pressure."

"Hm," Iggy hmm'ed.

"Of course, you can never be sure," MD continued, "But you can get the 'bruises' checked for finger prints, we can get it verified. That would explain the five other clusters present in his body, no?"

"Yes, yes indeed," said Iggy. "That must be it. And Dawka?"

Million looked over the pale body carefully.

"When did he die?"

"About three weeks back"

"It'll be hard to tell then, what happened to him, that is."

Million paced the room.

"We'll have to ask around, then."

Million Daggers had many connections with the Saffron underground. Those criminals that he had tried to once imprison acted as informers in the false hope that they wouldn't turn them in. Assassins they had sent often came back bleeding and thus a somewhat unhapy relationship was borne. They kept out of hs way, and he kept out of theirs.

"I'll be back in a bit, Iggy."

"I..okay." came the reply.

There was a sharp rapping at the door.

"Come in!" said Iggy.

The door opened up.

"Million! Mr. Daggers!" it was Truthiness, a reporter for the Saffron Times, he was named Truthiness because he was without a doubt the only honest reporter in that bloody place.

“Who gave you permission to come in here?” Iggy asked.

“With all due respect, sir.” said Truthi, nonchalantly, “Everyone already knows about the Dawka/_G33 case, I just came in for Mr. Daggers”

Million looked at him questioningly.

“What do you have?”

“A note!” said Truthi, unfolding a tattered photocopy from his pocket, “It was sent to us this morning, addressed to you!”

Million grabbed the piece of paper, and began to read the almost illegible scribble:

Arceus was a creator, but there are many more. There are those who create, who believe it their duty to create, but create only against the Master’s will.

Mr. Daggers, you must agree that Pokemon are not man’s boon.

Find these false creators, hasten now, for they will be punished soon.

“Nice rhyme,” he said folding up the page. But his heart was racing. Arceus? False creators?

"What does it mean?" Truthi asked.

"I seriously have no idea, but we can ask for help."

"From who?" came the voice of Iggy. "Who the hell would want to elp an alcoholic detective?"

Visit:

A.) A local crime boss.
B.) A local veteran trainer.
C.) A local proffessor.

Vote nao! You might get a cameo next episode!

What will Million Daggers do next?!?

P.S. This new site layout's great, eh?

Next Page >>