Forums · RUESAP THE HERO: Season Two

No longer just a short story!

Ruesap

0 +0

Jan 17 '08

Season one can be found here.

"This year's Pallet Town Invitational has been full of action and surprises! In the final round, it is Ruesap, a relative unknown, versus CrossDragon, a fan favorite! Ruesap's Gabite struggled against CrossDragon's Sneasel, who was fighting with a clear type advantage. When all seemed lost, the Gabite suddenly evolved into Garchomp! It delivered a thrilling victory for Ruesap, who has won the title of Pallet Town champion. But that's not all, folks! If you tuned off after the fight, you missed the shocking confrontation after the tournament!

Ruesap was confronted by your Pokemon League champion, Kody! He challenged Ruesap to a one-on-one duel, to test out his Garchomp's strength. The battle could not be held, though, as a result of environmental hazards. Ruesap was unavailable for comment after this showdown. We'll keep you updated on this champion and his future plans!"

I'm impressed, Ruesap. Maybe you and your Garchomp do have some bond...Or at least, maybe Garchomp wants his own personal revenge. That would make sense, after all...

EPISODE ONE COMING SATURDAY
Rating: 0

Masterofidiots

0 +0

Jan 17 '08

Guest star Mark, m i rite.

Krew

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

aw...I wanted moar...I'm enjoying this series...keep up the good work.

Ruesap

0 +0

Apr 10 '08

I will finally continue this story. I hope you will all read

Ruesap

0 +0

Apr 10 '08

At the Pokemon League

"Yes, it's true," Kody began, "it did evolve spontaneously."

Another man sitting at a table with Kody raised his eyebrows at the words and jotted something down into a notebook. "Kody, you do realize that evolution of this time occurs as a result of a chemical imbalance in the Pokemon. 95% of documented cases of spontaneous evolution are Pokemon who were neglected, abused, or born as 'mutants'. You are taking this too far."

"I'm sorry, Roger, but you're mistaken," Kody retorted. "It just so happens that I know something you don't. And this 'something' proves to me that Ruesap is indeed special in a way I cannot reveal to you. I know you have no reason to believe me, but you have to do it this once. I need you to make arrangements for Ruesap to challenge the League."

Roger sighed. "Very well; however, to bypass the league rules, I'll need a majority vote from the other three league members." He then gestured to the other people seated at the table.

"I'm skeptical," one of them declared. "Kody's word hasn't been false before, but having watched the footage of this tournament, I'm not quite convinced this Ruesap fellow will stand a chance against the league members. This kid seems to have no sense of strategy whatsoever, and his arrogance is quite apparent. Why should we spend the League's money to fund this child who might not be a 'chosen one' after all?" he said, smirking at the words 'chosen one'.

Kody returned his smile with a bigger one. "I said trust me."

Episode One: A Shocking Visit

"Hey, Garchomp; I'm proud of you," Ruesap said, out of the blue. Garchomp looked up from the Pidgeotto carcass it was nibbling on. "If I was a Pokemon, I know I wouldn't have tried to stand up to a Salamence like that. You've got some guts, that's for sure. You take after me a lot." Garchomp looked back down and dug its face into the bird meat.

"And I keep thinking; what if there is something special about you? What does that make me? The man who raised the special Garchomp? And, well, why me? Why wasn't someone like Kody the one to get the special Pokemon? It seems like he knows what's going on. But, I'm looking a little too far into this. I'm still happy I won the tournament. Did you see all this money, Garchomp?" Ruesap pulled out a small pouch filled with coins. Garchomp, uninterested, spit the bones of the bird into the grass.

Suddenly, Ruesap heard a shockingly loud crash behind him. Garchomp turned backward suddenly, and Ruesap followed suit. Flying through the sky was an enormous winged creature at supersonic speeds. Having caught sight of it, Garchomp suddenly became excited and growled loudly. "Calm down, Garchomp!" Ruesap tried to yell over the din of the rushing wind created by the creature's huge wings. As quickly as the visitor had appeared, it was gone. Garchomp suddenly darted forward in its direction, and leaped into the air. It took flight quickly, with Ruesap chasing behind it. "Garchomp, stop!" But, like the creature before it, Garchomp was gone.

Suddenly the area fell silent again, as Ruesap tried to comprehend what had just happened. Garchomp was gone...chasing after this huge creature. He imagined Garchomp as a small Poochyena, innocently chasing after a biker, distracted. But he could not imagine why Garchomp would take flight to chase after such an unorthodox creature. For whatever reason this had happened, Ruesap simply wanted Garchomp to return.

"I'll be waiting here, buddy."

MillionDaggers

0 +0

Apr 10 '08

Awesome, season 2. more pl0x

Ruesap

0 +0

Apr 12 '08

Hello, Garchomp.

Garchomp fixed its gaze on the creature in the distance ahead of it.

There is no need to pursue me; you can't catch up.

Garchomp flapped its wings again and picked up a bit of speed.

I was just visiting, that's all.

The creature turned into a speck in the distance.

Now, stop chasing me. Go back to Ruesap.

It disappeared.

Episode Two: Finally Home

When Ruesap awoke, he felt the talons of a Pidgeotto clutched to his shoulder. "Gabite, get it!" he ordered, swatting the bird away. As the Pidgeotto flew away, Ruesap looked over to where his companion should have been...to see nothing. Suddenly, Ruesap remembered what had happened. The evolution, the tournament victory, that strange creature...and that he had fallen asleep waiting for Garchomp to come back. He was lying in a field a couple of yards away from the road, next to a tall sycamore tree. As the sun began to fall into the mountains in the distance, Ruesap suddenly felt lonely. He had been used to having Gabite as his companion for the past few months, and now he was alone, a few miles away from home. It had been nearly two hours from sunset when Garchomp had left, and now Ruesap began to think more and more pessimistically about the situation.

"He's not coming back, is he?" Ruesap asked no one in particular, although he might have been talking to a Spinarak on the tree. The spider scurried upwards at the sound of the human voice. "And what was that thing? I've never seen a Pokemon that big before..." As Ruesap pondered, he suddenly heard a sharp sound of rushing wind; Ruesap imagined that the giant creature was back, and he looked over to the sound. This was no giant winged creature, though, but a pack of Pidgey. They were flying in an elegant triangular formation, spearheaded by a lone Pidgeot who was flanked by two Pidgeotto. Ruesap recognized the rightmost one as the one which he had just swatted away. Revenge is cruel.

Ruesap quickly bolted upward and got behind the tree to buy time. He counted nearly twenty birds, and they were all headed straight for him. The Pidgeot leader swooped down low and picked up speed. As it approached, Ruesap sidestepped to the right, but the bird's beak clipped his shirt, tearing the fabric and knocking Ruesap to the ground. He quickly got up again as the remaining birds swarmed him. In waves of three they dove at him, attacking quickly with claws and then returning to the sky. Ruesap tried to swat them away as they attacked, but his attempts were in vain as the pecking and clawing became more intense. He did manage to hit a Pidgey with a closed fist and knock it to the ground, but immediately after this, he was thrown off balance and pounced on by the two Pidgeotto. After they were done with him, they flew away, and suddenly the waves stop. Ruesap, out of breath and bleeding from a few gashes, gasped, "Is it over?" When he looked back up to the sky, he was shocked by what he saw.

The leader Pidgeot's corpse fell to the ground right next to Ruesap, heavily charred. Now engaged with the remaining birds was his own Garchomp, using its huge claws to repel the talons and beaks. The Pidgeotto flew at Garchomp, but were met with a vicious counterattack that left their bodies right next to their leader's. A huge burst of flame turned the fifteen or so swarming Pidgey into a healthy meal. Garchomp landed next to Ruesap and roared.

Ruesap couldn't hold back a smile. "I just knew you'd be back. Now let's go home."

Fantasty

0 +0

Apr 12 '08

Awesome story, Ruesap. I love the way you write :)
It's very detailed and for me, it definitely builds up the tension very well, without becoming boring in the process. Keep up the good work! :D

Ruesap

0 +0

Apr 13 '08

"I have the all-clear", he spoke to the figure on the other end of the line.

"Thank you, Kody. I will be sure to tell him as soon as he gets back."

"Odd, don't you think? The tournament ended several hours ago...you think Ruesap would be back by now."

"You know how children are, Kody. Always active, always finding things to do," the other man spoke. He spoke to Kody as though he was his peer, but the age difference was quite apparent from the tone of voice. Kody spoke with the brisk voice of a young adult, but the other man's age was showing as he spoke slowly.

"And you brought the other two, correct? Trust me, I would have put this all in your hands, but the rest of the League almost forced me to send the guides...they think you're becoming senile."

The older man cackled. "Oh, those children can think what they want. But I'm still as peppy as I was when I was standing in your shoes, Kody."

"Good to hear. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some other business to attend to."

"Yes. Take care." The older man hung up and slowly backed back down the stairs to Ruesap's living room. The younger man with him suddenly shouted, "I see him walking down the road!"

End of Season Two

I love to end on cliffhangers like that. Season Three will focus on a second protagonist (2x the protagonists, 2x the fun.)