Forums · I thought I'd try this spriting thing out for myself

Pender

0 +0

Dec 5 '07

First off, I hope these actually post right. But anyway, I thought to combine two things I like; pokemon and marching band. Except the first one, which was just my attempt at making a cool trainer sprite. Please feel free to critique, as these are my first attempts at this kind of thing, and I'm sure I did things wrong.

They're on photobucket now, so hopefully you all can see them on this post. Thanks Fantasty for helping me become slightly less inept with this kind of thing...
Rating: 0

Fantasty

0 +0

Dec 5 '07

In order for your images to appear, they have to be somewhere on the internet. IMG tags don't work with images stored on your own computer.
Try to upload them to photobucket or imageshack or something similar and then try again.

menofuntall

0 +0

Dec 5 '07

The marching band's sprite's border is...well, all black. Not something that looks very nice, to be honesy. Throw in some "colored" borders in the borders that receive more light than others. Other than that, the shading could probably use some more dark areas, seeing as there's like a complete contrast between the two legs. And don't be afraid to use the darkest shade on areas that receive more light, just don't overdo it. Overall, pretty damn good for a first time attempt.

sqwert

0 +0

Dec 28 '07

nice. specially for being your first try.

the only thing I note besides what menofuntall already noted is that you need to be careful with lightspots i.e. in the second sprite, if light comes from right to left, the right arm shouldn´t be complete dark, neither the left arm completely white. But again, very nice for a first try work