Forums · Pokemon Project

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 10 '07

Pokemon Onyx Outline
Version 1.0 - Rough Draft

In Pokemon Onyx, the greatest adventure is about to unfold!

1.0 - Pokemon Onyx, a new generation of Pokemon that succeeds the fourth generation from Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.

1.1  - In Pokemon Onyx, you are a new Trainer that wants to be the Pokemon master. In the region of Lorre*, you will face challenges along the way that any aspiring Pokemon master faces; Pokemon, other Trainers, even fight an long quiet organization once known as Team Rocket. Defeat them to progress to the Pokemon Elite Four, who are the obstacles in becoming the greatest Trainer of all, the Pokemon League Champion. You can catch the new 123 Pokemon in Pokemon Onyx for a total of 616 Pokemon.

2.0 - The Game Play

2.1 - The Plot
  2.1.1 - The Return of Team Rocket

2.1.2 - The Union of Team Rocket and Team Galactic

2.1.3 - The Penultimate Climax of the Teams.

2.2 - Towns/Gyms/Routes Locations

2.3.1 - See Onyx Locations Outline

2.3 - Gyms/Pokemon League Information

2.3.1 - See Onyx Locations  Outline

3.0 - Game Items

3.1 - Key Items
3.1.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

3.2 - Medicine
3.2.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

3.3 - TMs/HMs
3.3.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

3.4 - Items
3.4.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

3.5 - Berries
3.5.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

3.6 - Pokeballs
3.6.1 - See Onyx Items Outline

4.0 - Game Features

4.1 - Double Battles (with Partner: optional)

4.2 - Wi-Fi Included.

4.3 - Can Trade with Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl.

4.4 - Improved Battle Tower

4.5 - Missions Available

4.5.1 - Details to be determined.

4.6 - Team Rocket returns.

4.7 -  New Poketech Upgrades.

4.8 - 16 Badges To Collect
  4.8.1 - Each Badge Unlocks Specific Features of Pokemon Onyx.

4.9 - Over 120 new Pokemon to collect.
  4.9.1 - New Evolutions of Pokemon such as Farfetch, Corsola and others.
  4.9.2 - Move upgrades of Pokemon such as Flareon, Jolteon, and others.
  4.9.3 - New Pokemon in addition.

4.10 - Item Storage

5.0 - The Region Pokedex

5.0.1 - See PokeDex Outline

6.0 - The National Pokedex

6.0.1 - See National Pokedex Outline

This is the current and most up to date outline of what to expect for the Pokemon project.

*At the moment, "Lorre" is only a working region name, it's subject change anytime.

*Note that when I say "See...ETC Outline", that means the items/locations/Pokemon in question require a more specific Outline dedicated to them.

*Note: I have like 5-6 more Outlines that I'll post in good time. They're the ones that I refer to in the Items section and Locations in this Outline. As well as the Pokemon.

What: I'm in the process of writing outlines for a project that'll take anywhere from six months to a year or two. It's specifically dealing with the Pokemon game series themselves; as in terms of improving upon the foundations. The entire point of this project is to expand beyond the normal horizons that have been set so much store by Game Freak.

Who: I myself along with a few others who have graciously offered to lend some of their time to work on this project as well. I'm working on recruiting others to this project so that it'll not be such a great burden on those who already have offered their time to this project; as they too have other commitments and such to deal with.

Where: This project will be worked on computer and paper alike. Once parts are completed or there are questions that need answers regarding anything about the project, they are to be submitted to me (Staraptor) via email or PMs on The Libelldra Forge. And discussions and other things you feel need to be address, you can always, again, email or PM me or find me on the Libelldra IRC. My username there is Di or Diamond.

When: As soon as the (rough draft) outlines are completed, the timeline should be completed shortly after. And most likely how this will go is that everyone participating in this project will select parts of the project they know they can handle within the suggested deadline. The outlines and the timeline should be completed at the end of this week or early next week.

Why: This project is to accomplish goals to improve the entirety foundation of the Pokemon series. The outlines should be an indication of what those goals include.

Now the question here is: Who is willing to put some time into a project such as this, barring personal issues and schedules?

To sign up: Just PM me (Staraptor) to let me know you're willing. And be sure to tell me exactly how much time you can contribute to this; as I know many of you DO lead lives and have school among other things. Knowing how much time you can contribute over on a monthly basis will help me determine what parts of a project you'll get.

**NOTE: I posted this topic in this section simply because it's a huge project I would like some input and possibly contributions from members here; I realize that it may not be linked directly with competitive Pokemon, as I said, I would like some input from you guys. Thanks.

**Note: Please do not hesitate to offer ideas, suggestions or criticism. But there is no room for rudeness. If you have something to criticize about this, please explain in a polite manner.

**Note: Also, I realize that there will be questions about the overall project. You can post them here or PM them to me. I'll answer as much as possible.
Rating: 0

Wiik23

0 +0

Sep 10 '07

Too...big...*faints*

anonymous!cherubi

0 +0

Sep 10 '07

failure. at least write something unique.

I petition for a writing section of the creativity board.

hatdude

0 +0

Sep 10 '07

QUOTE (Anonymous @ Sep 10 2007, 02:02 PM)

To board suggestions and hai Staraptor you are so kewl

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

QUOTE (Anonymous @ Sep 10 2007, 03:02 PM)

lol, k. Duly noted. Bai.

Ryo82439

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

same story sells millions. not like you play for the story.

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

I realize that, but I much rather do something unorthodox.

Hex Zero Black

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

Wait, is this going to be like a ROM mod or something?

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

No, not in actual ROM anyway. I'm not that expert or daring enough to attempt to mod a current ROM; it's a complicated programming I have to learn at college before I can attempt anything for this project. Like I said, it's a writing project that'll be layouts for the actual game cart.

hatdude

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

So Staraptor you are going to program a game cause I am confused and if you are I call beta tester or are you just writing a story

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

It's a layout for game I'll possibly get it published. It's uncertain how at this moment. But don't mistake that this isb't a writing project first off. Otherwise it'll fail.

demigodxyz

0 +0

Sep 11 '07

What's the point of writing it if you don't even know if your going to make the game.

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

And what is the point of going to school if you don't know what you're going to do with the rest of the your life?

swift!cherubi

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

QUOTE (Staraptor @ Sep 11 2007, 04:41 AM)
It's a layout for game I'll possibly get it published. It's uncertain how at this moment. But don't mistake that this isb't a writing project first off. Otherwise it'll fail.

Published? Most likely not. The Man over at Nintendo does not appreciate your attempts to better His games.

CKY Tribal

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

This sounds like a mammoth task. Good luck, hope it succeeds.

demigodxyz

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

QUOTE (Staraptor @ Sep 11 2007, 07:15 PM)
And what is the point of going to school if you don't know what you're going to do with the rest of the your life?

I do though. smile.gif

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

Yeah, I know. The whole point of it is that the future is never predictable. You can't say something will happen like this or happen like that.

I don't claim to say that this project will be realized in a year. Maybe it'll take two years or more. But what I am willing to do is put in the time that is involved in this. Nothing comes without putting effort in it.

Staraptor

0 +0

Sep 12 '07

Oh, and for anyone's information. The topic in discussion will be taken to a site I'm running, and not clutter up this board, as I'm sure there are more important issues or ideas. But if anyone would like a link as maybe a possible project to work on as well as Pokemon Onyx:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Project/index.php

*Fantasty approved of linking to the site, in case anyone has any doubts.

I think that'll be it. Appreciate your thoughts.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Oct 5 '07

QUOTE(by Staraptor @ Sep 12 2007, 12:15 AM GMT):

[^]Win[^]. Anyways, good luck. I tried to do that (the storyline) but I gave up. Hope that you'll do MUCH better than me.

Diamond

0 +0

Oct 5 '07

QUOTE (Swift @ Sep 11 2007, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Staraptor @ Sep 11 2007, 04:41 AM)

Published? Most likely not. The Man over at Nintendo does not appreciate your attempts to better His games.

You mean, Game Freak. For some reason, majority of people are under the impression Nintendo creates Pokemon. That isn't the truth. Nintendo is merely the publisher, meaning it sells the game to the general public. Game Freak is the secondary party, meaning that they make the Pokemon games for Nintendo platforms solely.

Next Page >>