Forums · Final Fantasy XIII is the fucking business!

*Caution: Fanboy awaiting*

ArecP

0 +0

Mar 18 '10

Well, I like it. I heard that a lot of people are complaining about the battling system but it's pretty fun if you don't use auto-battle all the damn time.

The graphics are amazing (it's really what the game focuses on). Not much to say about the story (generic FF storyline).

Anyway, I like it. Go rent it or something!

Oh, and the black dude is hilarious. Obvious comic relief is that character...

Now to find the money to get God of War III...even though I haven't played the 1st or 2nd one.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is one of the hardest FF. I die to regular enemies -_- so you can't just go into battle and mash attack all day. It at least requires some thinking (if you don't use auto-battle but even with that you still need strategy).
Rating: 0

ff!slacknet

0 +0

Mar 18 '10

Yup, it is pretty damn amazing, pretty linear, but I guess that's not so bad since the story and gameplay are amazing as ever (<-- FF fanboy, mirite?)

Have to agree about Sazh, he has to be my favourite character so far (I'm on chapter 9 out of 13 so far) and I can't see that changing any time soon.

For me it hasn't been as hard as most people have said it has been, however for most boss fights I seem to play them out like so:

Turn A - Attack!!
Turn B - Attack!!
Turn C - OH GOD HEAL DAMMIT!!
/repeat

But I haven't really had any trouble against any bosses except the one where it gives you the Paradigm shift tutorial, as at the time I was just mashing X and attacking, and not really healing or using buffing magic.

I should finish it sometime next week, as I have college work keeping me busy and am generally just cutting down on the amount of time I spend playing games, but I can say that after playing this far, that I can't wait for Versus XIII and Agito XIII

ArecP

0 +0

Mar 18 '10

Lol. I've died to those frickin' floating driods. I'm only on Chapter 4. My playing time has been limited as well and from what I've been reading in the GFaqs boards, Chapter 11 is when things start picking up.

I had trouble on Shiva (LOL) because I didn't listen to what the tut had to say so I was just button mashing attack.

CKY Tribal

0 +0

Mar 21 '10

[QUOTE USER="ff" TIME="1268935154"] and am generally just cutting down on the amount of time I spend playing games[/QUOTE]

Umm, what now?? When!? :p

ArecP

0 +0

Mar 22 '10

*POTENTIAL SPOILER*

Oh god, it took me over an hour to beat Raines. He just kept raping me no matter what I tried. The goal after the battle was 12 minutes but it took me 17. -_-

ff!slacknet

0 +0

Mar 22 '10

I just literally did that fight 2 minutes ago.

I just got him to stagger then summoned Odin in used Zantetsuken for a one hit kill >_>

Wasn't too hard :P

ArecP

0 +0

Mar 23 '10

I don't like using Summons :P

Haha.