Forums · Just dumping my Tourney team

CrossDragon

0 +0

Sep 1 '09

Well, since there seems to be no progress being made with the tourney matches, at all. I've decided to dump my tourney team, seeing how I have no use for it anymore. This is the first successful team I've made in a while. When I first started making a draft for this team, I decided I wanted a red motif to go along with it because I thought it'd be cool and what not. After running through a couple of drafts of the team, my final result strayed a bit from the whole red motif idea. As for the nicknames of my pokemon, I was playing Persona 3:FES at the time, and decided to name each poke after one of the personas used by each of the main characters in the game. Anywho, I present to you, Team - Infernity Rose.

Team Infernity Rose

Artemisia [Roserade] (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd | 252 SAtk | 4 SDef
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
  • Sleep Powder

• Leaf Storm

• Hidden Power [Fire]

• Toxic Spikes

To be honest, I had quite a bit of trouble deciding on a lead for this team. Simply, because a lead can make or break a team. I didn't want to use a "suicide" lead because they were simply overated. I wanted a lead that could do what it needed to early game and still come back mid-late game to provide support if needed. Roserade, is by no means a suicide lead. It deals with the Top 10 Leads on shoddy quite well. It's main purpose is to handle the opposing lead, hopefully survive and comeback midgame to set up Toxic Spikes to make the game a bit smoother for me. While, TS is not needed; it does help ease things up.

1. Azelf - This is pretty much a 50/50. What I mean by that is that Azelfs either run Taunt or CScarf. Usually, I would Leaf Storm, and switch to Heatran. 50% of the time my opponent Taunts, expecting Sleep Powder or Toxic Spikes, the other 50 would be they Psychic and kill off my Focus Sash and SR when I switch. It's really a coin toss here.

2. Metagross - Always Sleep Powder first. Always. If SP hits -> HP Fire to burn off it's Occa Berry. If SP misses -> Switch to Rotom.

3. Jirachi - Switch to Heatran. It's that simple

4. Swampert - Always Leaf Storm. Everybody expects a layer of Toxic Spikes for some reason. So, Leaf Storm to either kill off Pert, or see what they switch in. Then act from there.

5. Aerodactyl - Leaf Storm, then depending on what the opponent just did, I act accordingly. If they just Taunted, Leaf Storm again because they'll most likely set up SR. If they just used Stealth Rock, switch to Swampert

6. Infernape- Switch to Rotom to eat Fake Out, then to Heatran to scout for Close Combat. If LeadApe has Close Combat, Swampert is used to deal with it. If no Close Combat, Heatran can finish Ape off.

7. Hippowdon - Leaf Storm, next.

8. Ninjask - For some reason, they always use Substitute first, then Protect right after. Why not Protect then Substitute? Anywho, HP Fire -> then Toxic Spikes, repeat until they are down to 25% and BP, on that turn use Sleep Powder

9. Bronzong - Use Sleep Powder, then HP Fire

10. Tyranitar - Switch to Swampert

---

Castor [Rotom-C] @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP | 232 Spd | 212 SAtk
  • Substitute

• Charge Beam

• Shadow Ball

• Hidden Power [Fighting]

Rotom-C is my one and only setup sweeper. It's my Scizor and Blissey counter rolled into one. It serves as a bluff for me. Mostly due to the fact that most Rotom-As are either the RestTalk or CScarf variations. This allows me to have the surprise factor. By allowing me to bluff, I can force a switch and allow me to setup for a possible sweep. It helps me bluff against Swamperts and Gyarados' mostly. By spamming Shadow Ball, I can force them to think that I have Leaf Storm, forcing a switch and allowing me to regain my momentum.

---

Athena [Swampert] (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP | 252 Def | 16 SDef
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
  • Rest

• Sleep Talk

• Waterfall

• Roar

Imo, I think this is the best Swampert set to use, aside from the RestTalk MixPert one. Originally I had Gyarados over Swampert, with this same moveset. But due to the fact that switching in and out of Stealth Rock and that Rock/Elec weak forced me to used Swampert. I used MixPert at first with Stealth Rock/Earthquake/IceBeam/Roar to help me phaze while dealing with Dragons and stuff. However the lack of recovery really threw me off. I decided to then change it to a Restalk set and have Roar over Curse, simply to help with my phazing needs.

The backbone of my team, I can switch in Pert on mostly everything besides it's weaknesses. Roar allows me to scout my opponents team while inflicting damage/status via Stealth Rock and/or Toxic Spikes. RestTalk gives Swampert some much needed bulk to survive into mid-late game. Overall, a very nice set. I suggest trying it out yourselves.

---

Cerberus [Heatran] (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd | 232 SAtk | 24 SDef
  • Stealth Rock

• Fire Blast

• Earth Power

• Hidden Power [Grass]

I refuse to have more then 1 Choice user on my team, simply because it forces me to predict making it a clusterfuck of mindgames. Therefore, my Heatran is running Leftovers instead of CScarf. (And not Shucca Berry) I believe Leftovers is the superior hold item, imo anyways. My much needed Stealth Rocker. Heatran sports quite a bit of immunities and allows me to switch in extremely easily on a variety of pokemon. Because of this, Heatran usually doesn't make it past Midgame. With a minor investment in SpDef, I can switch in Heatran in on Rotom-A much more easily. Aside from the tweak in the EV spread, it's pretty much a standard set but with Hidden Power [Grass] over Explosion. This allows me to deal with Swamperts, just in case Roserade falls. It never hurts to have a failsafe.

---

Caesar [Scizor] (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP | 252 Atk | 8 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
  • Bullet Punch

• U-turn

• Pursuit

• Superpower

Unlike most people, who use Scizor early game to scout the opponents teams; I use Scizor as one of my late game sweepers. Believe it or not. I rarely switch in Scizor early-mid game, unless I'm desperate or I've fucked up somehow. Usually it's when I fuck up somehow. The basic set for Scizor, though the only move/s I usually use are Bullet Punch and Pursuit. When I think my opponent is weakened enough, when I get the chance Scizor usually gets switched in, and I start spamming Bullet Punch every where. Normally that's game right there. I try to keep Scizor alive to get rid of Gyarados in case it gets in a DD.

---

Trismegistus [Infernape] (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk | 196 Spd | 60 SAtk
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
  • Overheat

• Close Combat

• Mach Punch

• Stone Edge

Infernape is my second late game sweeper. Ok, more like cleaner. It cleans up whatever mess Scizor failed to kill. Originally I had U-Turn over Stone Edge, but late game, half my team is dead most of the time. So it didn't really serve a purpose so it was dropped for Stone Edge instead. Overheat handles any and all Steels. Even after a -2 in SpAtk, Overheat can be used at least 3x. Close Combat 2HKOs most bulky waters not named Swampert. While Mach Punch handles the much dreaded Empoleon and what not. Stone Edge deals with Salamence/Gyarados.

---

And that's my team. Comments are appreicated.
Rating: 0

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Sep 2 '09

Fucking Roserade. Stop putting my Gyarados to sleep kthxbai

Truthiness

0 +0

Sep 4 '09

;_;