Forums · Platinum board hack requests make me nerd rage

Repto

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

It's not the fact that people are asking to have all their pokes hacked for them. I do that. It's that these people who want to indirectly take advantage of getting anything they want, don't even know what a good hack is.

95% of them request horrendously shitty movesets (Dive, Hyper Beam, Bounce Manaphy) and all EVs be maxed, which of course is as illegal as a hack can get, and depending on who you ask, is the biggest problem with people hacking.

The other 5% which bring out true nerd sadness within me are those that pretend to understand the EV system by requesting spreads that they think are balanced or somehow useful, when they usually either lack 510, or aren't divisible by four. One guy wanted a Metagross with 252 attack, and 120 in both defenses. Nothing else.

Until today I had been considering making a topic in which I take hack requests, since I don't mind doing that for people, but I couldn't bring myself to churn out POS after POS just because. It's like a gourmet chef being asked to make sloppy joes.

That said, if anyone here is playing Platinum and wants something that can't be gotten yet or without a lot of trouble, namely Rotom appliances, I'd be willing to hack them. They don't revert inside a box or anything so long as they're traded to a Platinum cart, so the effect is otherwise permanent.
Rating: 0

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

Wow, I'm so happy I left that hellhole now. How can anyone imagine that what Manaphy needs to make it really awesome is DIVE and BOUNCE? Hyper Beam's a pretty elaborate beginner's trap, so I might let it slide, but Dive and Bounce?

On another topic... what a coincidence, I know I'm the least likely customer ever, but I happen to have a hack request. See, I got a Latias in a trade, but the name's in Japanese. So as you can imagine, I'm not very happy about that... which is where any interested hacker comes in. I'd like to have the exact same Latias, except it'd be named Latias.

Caught in a Master Ball
Level 60
OT: Kojirou (in Katakana if possible, don't really care)
ID: 51763
Exp.: 270033

Nature: Quirky
Jan. 17, 2009
Hoenn
Arrived at level 60

IVs: 19 HP, 11 Atk, 23 Def, 8 SA, 11 SD, 11 Spd
EVs: 100 HP, 100 Atk, 0 Def, 100 SA, 0 SD, 100 Spd (don't worry, EV berries to the rescue!)

Moves: Recover, Mist Ball, Dragon Claw, Psychic

No contest stats, no ribbons

That's about it... and after the trade, I'd like the Japanese one to be released in the interest of fairness.

Repto

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

You can release it yourself. I'd trade it to you for a Bidoof or some other fodder.

I'll whip it up, but rather than make you spam the A button to feed it berries, I'll give it no EVs at all.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 3 '09

If you ever need any help repto, I can hack eggs (though not much else)

Repto

0 +0

Apr 4 '09

Well, I use Pokesav, so that alone means the most effort I have to put into it is typing a number here or clicking a box there.

Repto

0 +0

Apr 4 '09

Your Latias is made and ready to go. I just need your FC. Mine is 1419 2622 1602.

The region is English and not Japanese because the game won't let you have your cake and eat it, too. Other than the OT not being in Katakana it's exactly the way you listed, and as I said I would I didn't give it any EVs. That's just pointless if you're going to berry them.

We'll have to work out a time or something when we can both be on, since neither of us can be expected to just chill here and wait for the other to respond.

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 4 '09

As far as I'm concerned, anytime tomorrow is fine. Is 7 PM Eastern okay?

FC is 5154-9419-6059 BTW.

Repto

0 +0

Apr 4 '09

7 PM Eastern, got it. I should be around.

Lord Liam

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Hello, it's sad to see people pretending they fully understand the EV system.
If it's not too much, I'm looking for the following.

Blissey (Nickname: Remedy) @ Leftovers (Wishbliss for the win)
Level: 30 (I sort of don't want it cheated, just something I can raise myself)
Ability: Natural Cure
Met on: Sunday, April 5th/09
31 IV to HP, SP. Def, Def, SP. Att
252 EV to Def, 80 to SP. Att, 176 to Speed
Moveset: Wish, Softboiled, Ice Beam, Toxic
Nature: Calm
OT/ Victory
ID No. 64790
Met at the Daycare.
Met at level 1
Hatched from an Egg.
Likes any type of food (Choose whichever lol)

Also, if it's not too much

Machamp (Nickname: Byron) @ Leftovers (Sleep Talker for the win)
Level: 30 (I sort of don't want it cheated, just something I can raise myself)
Met on Sunday April 5th, 2009
Ability: No Guard
31 IV HP, Att, Speed
252 EV Attack, 252 EV to HP, 4 EV in Speed
Moveset: Rest, Sleep Talk, Ice Punch, Dynamic Punch
Nature: Adamant
OT/ Victory
ID No. 64790
Met at the Daycare.
Met at level 1
Hatched from an Egg.
Likes any type of food (Choose whichever lol)

If these are doable, thanks a whole ton. I'm just looking for them to look 100% Legit, and have something I can raise myself. My friend code is: 4125 1012 3822 Name: Victory
Once again, thanks alot.
-Liam

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

when you get the chance, could i get a naughty azelf, lv 50, explosion, flamethrower, psychic, and trick, caught in an ultra ball, 31 spe and atk iv's with a reletively high sp atk iv, met at valor cavern 4/4/2009, ot is foxy and the id # is 13357, give it 252 spe ev's 64 spatk ev's, and 192 atk ev's.
my fc is 1572-4599-7065-3000

Repto

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Your FC is four digits too long.

Also, this would be a good time to mention that I don't do hacks like other people. Namely, I don't nickname them, and I give them my own OT and ID/SID.

The reason for this stems from a minor code of ethics I have in that if I'm going to hack something, I refuse to make it appear as though the recipient actually got and raised it themself. While some make the argument that they're for battling so the other person can't even tell, I respond that it makes their own info all the more moot. The influence of a few people on trade boards rubbed off on me.

This really helped prevent me from being flooded with requests since people amusingly cared so much about feigning the effort (I did this back when I was playing Diamond) and when the recipient wants to trade off the hack, the more cautious players can't be duped.

I made an exception for Slowflake since he requested a remake of what appears to be a legit and subpar poke.

I'll make those requests if you're willing to accept those conditions- no nickname, no OT, no ID.

Lord Liam

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Darnit, I wanted something that looked 100% legit. Thanks anyways.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

as long as there can be no argument they're illegal (by that I mean I can enter it in tournaments) it's fine, forget the 3000 on the fc i guess...

Repto

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

As far as the game is concerned it is 100% legit, Liam. It's just not yours, nor can you pretend it's yours. That's all. A traded poke doesn't magically become illegal pixellated filth. You might recall that one of the major points of the game is trades, which you NEED in order to complete the dex.

For that matter, without your SID it's not going to behave like your own poke, either.

Please humor me and double check on your FC, fold.

fineifold

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

yeah, that's probably smart XD, you get your friend code by going to the options menu of your nintendo wfc and then going to info right? Sorry for my noobiness.

Repto

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Load up D/P or whatever your cart is, go to your Pal Pad, and have it give you your FC. If for some reason you haven't used Wifi for that game yet, you'll have to connect to wifi and then disconnect before the Pal Pad will let you check your FC.

Slowflake, if you're reading this topic at some point, post around 7 to let me know you're around and I'll trade you the Latias. I don't care what you give me for it.

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

I'm on already. Got a freshly caught Bidoof to trade away.

Repto

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Sorry if I kept you waiting. Like the Bidoof nickname.

Fold, I have your Azelf. You didn't specify a hold item so I gave it Choice Specs for the hell of it.

Slowflake

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

Yeah, it was sort of a tribute to the VGCats D/P comic back when it came out. You know, back when VGCats updated?

Anyway, thanks for the hand, it's appreciated! I was talking about it with my brother earlier, not being able to change the nickname of a Pokémon you got from someone else is bull. I guess it wasn't as bad when you had to trade with someone you knew, but in this Wi-Fi, wireless era it's problematic.

Lord Liam

0 +0

Apr 5 '09

I guess it's fine then, I just mainly didn't want my brother accusing me of cheating getting a Pokemon from someone else, lol.
Anyways, whenever your availible, just post. Thanks alot :)

Next Page >>