Forums · RMT while my ferret bites my feet

Ongakujin

0 +0

Mar 12 '09

So my basic idea with this team is to utilize what I have in my game available to me. I realized I have a Careful Jirachi with awesome IVs (20-31 in everything but SpAtk and SpDef) that I want to use along with some other of my old favorites, as well as some yawn-worthy stereotypes.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant - 240 HP, 20 Atk, 100 Def, 144 Speed
Intimidate
~Taunt
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Dragon Dance

This is one of the parts of the yawn-worthy stereotypes of OU. The EVs look a little weird because this is what I opted to do because of a lousy HP IV to give me the most bulk I could get - I sacrificed some attack power since that seemed to be the stat that needed the least help. My ferret is now licking my upper lip with much fervor.

Electivire@Life Orb
Lonely - 252 Atk, 184 Speed, 72 HP
Motor Drive
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop
~Thunderbolt

*yawn* Great combo with tauntrados to get Motor Drive running. Pretty standard setup, coverage wise. I opted for Cross Chop to deal with T-tar and Blissey and the like.

Salamence@Leftovers
Modest/Timid - 252 HP, 180 Def, 76 Speed
Intimidate
~Roost
~Toxic
~Flamethrower
~Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

I really like dual Intimidate, more often I find myself with problems from physical setup sweepers, and this helps cut down on their sweeping power. Also with Gyarados's and Salamence's typing, they take neutral damage from each other's 4x weakness. Along with the bulky EV spreads I'm using, I can quickly cut down my opponent's physical sweeper with a couple switches. I kind of want to use a Modest nature with Draco Meteor to make this bulkymence a good switch-in, roost, attack, and switch, or just switch in, and then hit and run. The EVs are going to change on this guy depending on the IVs I end up getting, I may also throw a few EVs in SpAtk if I opt for Modest to give him more of a punch. Flamethrower to pair with Dragon-type attack for the best coverage.

Jirachi@Leftovers
Careful - 240 HP, 176 SpDef, 60 Def, 32 Speed
Serene Grace
~Wish
~U-turn
~Iron Head
~Thunder Wave/Thunder

Wish-passing Jirachi. Pairs extremely well with Salamence. I'm leaning towards Thunder for some more power but I think I'll opt to switch more (better) if I run Thunder Wave instead. I think these will be the EVs I run - bulking up on SpDef will probably be more beneficial to this team as I have 2 intimidates on the bulky dragons.

Medicham@Salac Berry
Jolly - 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP (may be different, don't remember from when I trained it)
Pure Power
~Endure
~Reversal
~Psycho Cut
~Thunderpunch

An old school RSE favorite of mine with the DP revamp of Psycho Cut. Endrevving is highly unexpected from this gen and can come in very handy late game if used properly. This guy also does well with Psycho Cut/Tpunch for coverage of some of my lesser covered types. With Jolly typing and the Salac, this guy outspeeds and OHKOs Gyarados after a Dragon Dance with Tpunch after Enduring a Waterfall. Pretty nifty.

Torterra@Leftovers
Relaxed - 252 HP, 60 Def, 176 SpDef, 32 Atk (this may be different, again I don't remember from when I EV trained)
Overgrow
~Curse
~Synthesis
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

Great late-game sweeping power if you've eliminated your opponent's special sweeper/Ice Beamer. It resists its own moveset, which is always an extremely valuable asset. I've outstalled an Ice Punching Electivire with Torterra after getting one Curse on the switch.

Now my thoughts on this team: I have no real special sweeper and was thinking of using a LO/Scarf Modest Lucario (Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Dragon Pulse) over Medicham, or even a Mixed Scarf Infernape lead that can use HP Ice/Overheat along with U-turn and Close Combat for great coverage. Lucario would probably have better coverage special-wise to go with Salamence's neutral coverage. I've been thinking about rebreeding Lucario for Vacuum Wave as well as better IVs. Both Lucario and Infernape would be good switch-ins on obvious Ice attacks against Salamence and Torterra, and would probably synergize slightly better with the overall makeup of the team.

I'd appreciate any input as well as suggestions on the last slot for the Fighting pokemon.
Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

Mar 12 '09

Ferrets rock
Rating: 0