Forums · This team is cooler than CrossDragon

A BP Team.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

I figured with the advent of Netbattle Supremacy I'd never have to look at singles again, but the abhorrent bugs and lack of doubles players (by the way those of you who don't have a doubles team what the hell are you waiting for), so, like a drunken ex at two in the morning, I came crawling back to standard metagame. However, I still didn't feel like making a standard team of Salamence/Scizor/Ttar/etc and wanted something I could have fun with, so I went on a grand study of the metagame and painstakingly formed this team (in five minutes), and this is the result. It's been doing okay so far--it either works wonderfully or fails horribly--so I thought I'd stick with it until it stops working completely about a week later and I get all pissy and leave Shoddy again. Anyway...

Floatzel@Leftovers
Swift Swim
Jolly-252 Def, 216 Spd, 40 HP
-Taunt
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Waterfall

So yeah, Floatzel. Choose her over Gliscor, Ninjask, and Zapdos for her speed, resistance to Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, and Taunt. Usually, it's not too hard to get an Agility BPd unless I run into a leading Zapdos or something with Choice Scarf, otherwise I can make out pretty good. I originally had Floatzel pass Bulk Up but I needed the speed right off the bat so I made that Blaziken's job.

Own Temp
Jolly-252 Spd, 120 Def, 40 Sp. Def, 96 HP
-Spore
-Substitute
-Ingrain
-Baton Pass

Do I really need to explain this? Get an Agility passed from Floatzel, Spore something, set up Sub and Ingrain so I don't get phazed, BP out.

Scizor@Leftovers
Technician
Adamant-252 HP, 172 Spd, 84 Atk
-Roost
-Baton Pass
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break

Originally I had her as my Agility passer, but I found this set to be much more effective, as Bullet Punch will let me hit fast pokes that stat up on me, Brick Break helps me against Ttar sorta, she can abuse Blaziken's Bulk Ups, and then she can BP the boosts out.

Blaziken@Life Orb
Blaze
Modest-140 HP, 116 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk
-Baton Pass
-Bulk Up
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast

Was once an Agility passer, but now she does Bulk Up. Scares away Blissey and Ttar and Heatran maybe. Her special attacks actually hurt quite a bit, especially when I'm abusing some CMs passed from Blissey, and the defense from Bulk Up helps. Sometimes I can take out a few pokemon before BPing out.

Celebi@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid-252 HP, 80 Def, 176 Spd
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover

My CM passer. Works well with Blaziken and pretty easy to set up except she's Scizor bait. I'm running Psychic 'cause I absolutely hate not being able to do anything to a DD Salamence who screws me up pretty bad.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Inner Focus
Adamant-252 Atk, 196 Spd, 60 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Roost

So, I needed a receiver, ultimately, and I wanted something that could be mixed, wasn't totally frail, and had a ground immunity or resistance. Lo and behold. I don't know why I'm using those EVs exactly, but the extra HP has helped; regardless, I need to tweak the EVs. Lum Berry has saved me quite often.

So I get ruined by Salamence, Encore and Perish Song users, oh, and by most stuff running Explosion. Well, anyway, rate!
Rating: 0

Repto

0 +0

Feb 24 '09

What compels you to make all of your genders female? I'm not scoffing, I'm curious. The people that actually care about the genders (like me) usually (perhaps unlike me) have some reason behind their personal preference toward a poke being a specific gender.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Feb 24 '09

Honestly, I don't know. Just a quirk of mine. At least it helps against the random team that uses Attract or something.

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 24 '09

Yeah, every little bit counts. Attract is a horrible move and Cute Charm an equally horrible ability (with a learnbase made up of NUs and Pokés with a better ability, no less), but being immune to their effects is awesome when they do show up. No free switch for you!

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 24 '09

I definitely smiled when I saw the females in your team. Mainly because I do the exact same thing.

You should let me know when you battle using this team. I'd like to see a log of it working splendidly. XD

Ongakujin

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

The female thing was something a lot of people picked up back in the Netbattle days of GSC. Attract just came out and it was a lot more effective then when you didn't have as many filler moves that worked well with fewer hold items. My Female Typhlosion and Male Crobat rocked it against my enemies.

Repto

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

Refresh my memory- was Taunt created 2nd or 3rd gen?

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

3rd, I think.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

Yeah it was 3rd.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

I love how the conversation went from, "Why is your team all females?" to "When was Taunt made?" And, I loved how no one actually bothered commenting on the team itself. Also, this team is not better then me, I beat this team 5-0.

Repto

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

I don't care for RMTs, so I wouldn't have even posted if the all-females thing hadn't caught my eye.

What's more, I originally clicked this topic by accident and skimmed it before intending to backspace (then I noticed all the she's.)

Esotu

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

I would comment on the team, CD, but I'm afraid I'm so unqualified for the task. =P So, rather hold possibly not so helpful advice than give out wrong pointers.

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

I'm gonna have to agree with CrossDragon here (by the way I've improved it a lot since we last battled so there); as much as I appreciate the fact that you guys like some aesthetic quality of my team, I didn't make this RMT to discuss the genders of my pokemon or when Taunt was created--I created it so I can improve my team, and 10 posts without any sort of help is very irritating.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

Imo, you should lead with Smeargle and set up Spore/Ingrain early so you won't get phazed. As for a BP recipiant, I would reccomend MixedGross mainly for the fact that it's unexpected and surprising. Meteor Mash/HP Fire/Grass Knot/Ice Punch. As for some of the pokemon, I'm afraid you're not really using Scizor good enough imo. It needs more:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly - [EV Spread]
- Swords Dance/Agility
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor/Roost
- Baton Pass

And for Blaziken, I suggest dropping it for something like Vaporeon for Baton Passing some Defense. I think Gliscor can BP the Agility(Replace Blaziken with it) While you replace Floatzel with Vaporeon to Baton Pass something like Acid Armor or Wish Recovery/Substitutes.

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 25 '09

how does a lead smeargle work as a lead? It doesn't have the durability or speed to do anything unless you use a focus sash, but then the speed issue comes in again. I always liked to use smeargle on something bulky that can't hurt me much like blissy, then I substitute on the switch and belly drum to the salac.