Forums · Torterra • Page 2

JellyDemon

0 +0

Feb 10 '09

Wow, I love it how there's a huge discussion about "ZOMFGG torterra" and then the conversation moves onto other analysises, and no comment is left on my orgasmic Torterra sweeper set :(

discussdiscussdiscuss.
Rating: 0

Ongakujin

0 +0

Feb 12 '09

it's a great set but I was looking for a tankish set.

I ended up going with:

Torterra@Leftovers
Relaxed evs: 200+hp/spdef rest in def, little bit in atk
~Curse
~Synthesis
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

This set works pretty well for me, the EVs aren't exact because it's an in-game pokemon - and I really didn't want to waste the time finding or buying rare candies then leveling the thing to 100 to find out the exact IVs and applying EVs so I reach magic numbers...

So I just kinda winged it. I've taken it into the Battle Tower and it works pretty well - I faced a Mamoswine around battle 30~ and managed to curse/synthesis to the point where I took only 30 damage from its Avalanche... which I was pretty surprised by. Granted the Mamoswine probably wasn't Adamant and all that, but this Torterra has IVs that look something like this:

HP: 7~
Atk: 23~
Def: 26~
SpAtk: lawl?
SpDef: 20~
Speed: lawl.

So the HP's pretty low but everything else that matters is good. I was using Crunch for a while instead of Stone Edge, but SE is much better coverage.

I am thinking of getting myself an Adamant Torterra for that CBset though, it looks hawt.
Rating: 0

<< Previous Page