Forums · My first team in a very long time.

While reading there is a 5 drink minimum :D

fineifold

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
jolly - 252atk, 252spe, 4hp
pressure
- taunt
- stealth rock
- earthquake
- stone edge

Basic support Aerodactyl lead, it taunts stealth rock and sleep leads, stealth rocks, then switches out or starts to attack. The thing I love about Aerodactyl though is if the opponent is support oriented, they usually attack anyway assuming Aerodactyl will use taunt. So I can either set up stealth rock or kill with edgequake. I end up only using taunt on lead Roserade. The role it plays with the team after stealth rock support is usually just a powered down sweeper or the physical pokemon on my team immune to earthquake.

Scizor @ life orb
adamant - 252atk, 224spe, 32hp
technician
- swords dance
- bullet punch
- quick attack
- brick break

How do you consider a pokemon elite? Is it it's stats? It's moves? I think it's when no matter how many times you've faced that pokemon, no matter how much you know it's stats, move sets, strengths, and weaknesses, whenever you see it, you still say "oh shit, what do I do now" I call it the "oh shit" factor. This pokemon has that factor, so many times people will make multiple mistakes while facing this pokemon. So many times has the opponent switched to a fast pokemon with a fire move or a physical wall, just to face this thing with +2-4 attack and no real defence left. That's what makes this pokemon so great. The only way you can counter this pokemon, is with another "oh shit" pokemon.

Heatran @ choice scarf
naive - 252spatk, 252spe, 4hp
flash fire
- flamethrower
- earth power
- hp ice
- explosion

This is mostly in case something can counter Scizor, it takes fire hits, then uses earth power, but since no pokemon will stay in for the move they're weak to, I usually end up using flamethrower or hp ice instead. Flamethrower instead of fire blast for reliability and hp ice for dragons. I was thinking of replacing it with dragon pulse or hp electric though.

Salamence @ choice specs
modest - 252spe, 252spatk, 4hp
intimidate
- draco meteor
- dragon pulse
- flamethrower
- hydro pump

This pokemon is for the one's who counter heatran, draco meteor kills something at least once, dragon pulse for when it's 1 against 2 or switching would be bad, flamethrower for steels, and hydro pump for... I haven't really needed it yet. fun pokemon to use and draco meteor screws the opponent up whether it's resisted or not.

Tentacruel @ black sludge/ leftovers (is there a difference?)
calm - 204hp, 36spd, 96spatk, 172spdef
liquid ooze
- rapid spin
- toxic spikes
- surf
- hp electric

My spinner, can take most special hits, can use toxic spikes to hurt the opponent, and then uses surf against physical walls and special sweepers with low special atk, and hp electric for bulky waters and starmie. Can beat starmie with hp electric whether starmie has thunderbolt or not, and the most common switch in to block it I see is vaporeon, which ends up in a stall war I usually end up winning.

Dugtrio @ choice band
adamant - 252atk, 252spe, 4hp
arena trap
- earthquake
- stone edge
- sucker punch
- aerial ace

My revenge killer. Max attack to ohko tyranitar, edgequake for stab and coverage, sucker punch for ghosts and scarfers with low hp, aerial ace for breloom. I don't use it as much as I'd like, but I can't think of a better fast, physical attacker that's immune to electric moves. If you have suggestions on pokemon to fill weaknesses I have it will probably replace this.

That's my team, and if you can still type, please post your suggestions and rating. Thanks for your time.
Rating: 0

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Three choices items is a no no.

Oh and use Black Sludge. If someone uses Trick on Tentacruel, they'll be hurt instead of healed by Lefties.

Slowflake

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Well, technically the opponent will only bother using Trick if he doesn't know there's a Black Sludge on there, which will only happen if you switch in Tentacruel to take an expected Trick, or at least your HP stayed full before the Trick. Or you may hope the opponent wasn't paying attention.

With that being said, even if the opponent doesn't Trick you, at the very least it removes a move from his arsenal as long as Tentacruel's on the field, which is very nice.

Flounder

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

[QUOTE USER="ominousdoom" TIME="1231677348"]Three choices items is a no no.

Oh and use Black Sludge. If someone uses Trick on Tentacruel, they'll be hurt instead of healed by Lefties.[/QUOTE]

not rly

I've run at least three on several teams, it works out well if you know what you're doing.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

[QUOTE USER="flounder" TIME="1231683671"][QUOTE USER="ominousdoom" TIME="1231677348"]Three choices items is a no no.

Oh and use Black Sludge. If someone uses Trick on Tentacruel, they'll be hurt instead of healed by Lefties.[/QUOTE]

not rly

I've run at least three on several teams, it works out well if you know what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

I understand. Still, Choice items are extremely risky, even with a spinner (switchin damage from SR, both spikes and still the SS or Hail in the end of the turn). After a closer look, Tyranitar rages through your team after Dugtrio is dead. Mixed DD Tar (EQ/SE/Ice B/DD) takes out Heatran, Tentacruel, Salamence, Aerodactyl and possibly Scizor after a Dragon Dance.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

I've used a team of Choice Banders once, remember that?

fineifold

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Wow thanks for all the replies! Can any not banded pokemon kill ddtar? I could probably replace aerodactyl with something because he has a long list of weaknesses and usually dies right after laying down SR. CB metagross is good and CB aerodactyl could kill most leads because the opponent always tries to kill me first, because they think I'm going to taunt. But that would be another CB'r and I don't want four. What do you think could replace aerodactyl? (lol CB aerodactyl with SR)

Repto

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Metagross doesn't need a CB to OHKO DDTar with Meteor Mash. Standard DDTar has 342 HP, and with 405 attack the least you can do with Meteor Mash is 344.

fineifold

0 +0

Jan 11 '09

Wow, okay, so should I use bulky metagross instead of scizor?