Forums · Source of the edit bug found?

Go To Reply link is primary suspect

Slowflake

0 +0

Dec 30 '08

Whenever I edit a post, when I hit the back button to go back to my post without clicking on Go To Reply the post gets edited without a problem. But if I use the Go To Reply link, the edit remains hidden. I tested with both methods, and there's little doubt that that link is the culprit.

I did find a way to get the edit to appear again without having to post again, and that would be, of course, re-editing the post, changing nothing, then clicking on Save Post, and finally using the back button to get out. Until (if?) the bug gets fixed, that knowledge should come in handy.
Rating: 0

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Dec 29 '08

Good to know. By the way, does it still randomly reformat posts? I had that problem awhile back, especially when I posted stories.

Slowflake

0 +0

Dec 29 '08

...reformat? I wouldn't know, unfortunately. I did have one problem with editing when it comes to formatting, but that was on my ability usage analysis thing, which was a while ago.

anthony

0 +0

Dec 30 '08

[QUOTE USER="slowflake" TIME="1230622930"]Whenever I edit a post, when I hit the back button to go back to my post without clicking on Go To Reply the post gets edited without a problem. But if I use the Go To Reply link, the edit remains hidden. I tested with both methods, and there's little doubt that that link is the culprit.

I did find a way to get the edit to appear again without having to post again, and that would be, of course, re-editing the post, changing nothing, then clicking on Save Post, and finally using the back button to get out. Until (if?) the bug gets fixed, that knowledge should come in handy.[/QUOTE]

We're aware of the go-to reply bug and it will be fixed in the next major release in the next couple of week, along with tons of other stuff. You should always be able to do it, it just won't take you back to your post, so you don't need to worry about editing nothing. Just edit in a new tab or window for now ;]

[QUOTE USER="agentparanoia" TIME="1230599531"]Good to know. By the way, does it still randomly reformat posts? I had that problem awhile back, especially when I posted stories.[/QUOTE]

No that problem was fixed about 4 months ago.