Forums · Let's Play Pokémon Emerald, by Slowflake

Latest video: Part 92

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

Yep, that's right, I'm trying something different this time. Quite a change of pace from the written rants, this is. It's actually an idea I've been toying with for some time, and I decided this would be a good time to get started. I really pulled out all the stops for this: I learned to use CamStudio and Windows Movie Maker, and I even bought a new microphone that doesn't look and act cheap for the occasion, and I'm surprised at how well it works.

As for the content, don't worry... I've got plenty to say about this game. I'm a bit worried about the parts I usually struggle more with, such as Seafoam Islands and Victory Road, but that's so far away there's no point in letting them get to my head. The more immediate problem, though, is that I don't like how my voice sounds - it doesn't sound ridiculous, but... I suppose it's just because it's my voice and I'm not used to hearing it from anything else than my own mouth.

There's nothing for now, but I'm working on the first video - it may be up tomorrow. Just letting you know it's happening.
Rating: 9

Wiik23

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

I'd be interested. ^^
Rating: 0

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

:D

Always wanted to hear your voice. I'll be sure to subscribe!

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

>_< Wiik, no STPing me!

Wiik23

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

You're just mad that I beat you.

DOUBLE POSTER

Ruesap

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

Um, am I the only one who read the topic title and description and thought something different...

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

You know WHAT!?

:P

I went there.

hebrewhammer

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

May I ask what mic are you using and where did you buy it?

I was going to start a solo run and use it for commentary on my shoddybattles as well, and eventually when my recording device for me ds comes, my wifi battles.

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

^ I would also like to know. I'm still looking for a good mike for upcoming playthroughs.

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

The brand is Nexxtech, and I bought it at the local The Source (the Canadian branch of Circuit City) for 17 bucks, Canadian of course.

Other than the brand there's not much else... the front says "High quality condenser microphone, Flexible gooseneck design", and there are specifications in the back:

Drive unit: Omni
Impedance: 2.2 K Ohms
Frequency: 100 Hz - 10 kHz
Sensitivity: -54 ± 3 dB
Connector: 3.5mm Stereo Plug
Cord Length: 70.8" ± 4" (180 + 10 / - 0 cm)

The whole thing bilingual, of course.

Repto

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

What kind of run are we talking here? E4, E4 plus legends and Mewtwo, what?

ray!slacknet

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

Sounds interesting. Never seen a Let's Play before, but I'll be sure to watch yours when I can. Good Luck!

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

I want it to be complete, so I'm going to go for the legends as well.

But no catching them all, because THAT would take forever.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

Do we get to see the Missigno Glitch? I forgot how the glitch works. >_> I think it was talk to the old man who taught you how to catch pokemon, fly to cinnbar island and surf on the ledge of the gym till you encounter missigno, then the 6th or 7th item was duplicated. >_> I duped my Bike once >__>

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

Nope... there's already more than enough videos on the subject on YouTube, though I'll be sure to drop a word on it when I get there. Same for the Mew glitch.

Ominous Doom

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

I thought of FireRed first. Then when I noticed it was Red, I was like "No one plays it anymore, Slow.".

Guess I was wrong. Go for it!

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 1 '08

I could've done FR, but then it would've been harder to put over all the things that set the actual first gen apart from the others. FRLG's basically just RBY revamped to look and play like RSE.

Edit: Currently uploading the first video, but DAMN, long upload is long. It rocketed to 45% right from the start, but it hasn't changed for 10-15 minutes.

Edit 2: Both parts 1 and 2 are now up!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffT2Bbb4Fug

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80IxqoXzbpc

The key was using their beta uploader... works a lot better.

One thing to note is that I may have an accent, and have trouble finding my words... I only have to actually speak English once or twice a year on average, so it may show. Heck, I often look for my words in French, so imagine in English. So please forgive me for that.

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Oct 2 '08

Watching it now, it's really good :D

I believe the movie might be Stand By Me, the one based on the book The body. Or I'm horribly wrong.

Slowflake

0 +0

Oct 2 '08

Wikipedia says:

The lead characters go on a journey into the woods to find the body of a boy named Ray Brower, who was struck by a train while picking berries in the woods.

And there are four lead characters.

Looks like a winner is you.

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Oct 2 '08

Wow, your commentary is great! XD You made me laugh several times.

Next Page >>