Stats: 321 HP, 212 Atk, 216 Def, 306 Speed, 348 SpAtk, 206 SpDef
Moves:
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast/Heat Wave/Overheat
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-U-turn
[/SET]

[SET DESCRIPTION]
Moltres isn't the best Pokemon around, mostly because of the introduction of Stealth Rock. However, Stealth Rock only prevents it from switching in efficiently: Moltres has uses as a lead. Air Slash allows you to deal good damage in general, and Hidden Power Ground stops possible Heatran leads or switch-ins hoping to activate Flash Fire. U-turn allows for scouting, but other than that won't do much. Your choice of a Fire Type move is simply what you want to give up: Fire Blast allows for greater damage at the cost of less accuracy, and Moltres can't take many hits. Heat Wave has perfect accuracy at the cost of power, which isn't really that bad. Finally, Overheat has the greatest power, at the cost of slightly less accuracy and a nasty Special Attack Drop.

[/SET DESCRIPTION]

[OTHER OPTIONS]

[/OTHER OPTIONS]

[OFFENSIVE COMBINATIONS]

[/OFFENSIVE COMBINATIONS]

[STRATEGIC COMBINATIONS]

[/STRATEGIC COMBINATIONS]

[SET COUNTERS]
Gyarados pretty much screws Moltres over in every way possible. It can easily come in on your Fire move, and can proceed to either set up or KO with Stone Edge or Waterfall. Vaporeon (noticing a pattern here?) can take a Fire Blast easily, and then KO nearly KOs with Surf. If Stealth Rock is up, you're gone. Fire Blast is almost guaranteed to 2HKO Suicune, meaning it can't switch in, outspeed you and KO you with surf. That doesn't mean it isn't a threat, as CM Cune isn't a 2HKO without Stealth Rock, and Surf has a 74.36% of KOing.

[/SET COUNTERS]

[GENERAL COUNTERS]

[/GENERAL COUNTERS]

[PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER]

[/PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER]

I'll add more/tweak everything later.
Rating: 0

ArecP

0 +0

Sep 30 '08

Good job Flounder, so far.

Don't forget that HP Ground is illegal on Moltres meaning you'll need to find the IVs that will make HP Ground legal. If that makes any sense.

For the second move slot, leave it at only one move then mention the rest in other options. Pick the best move to showcase in the moveset.

Flounder

0 +0

Sep 30 '08

[QUOTE USER="arecp" TIME="1222755916"]Good job Flounder, so far.

Don't forget that HP Ground is illegal on Moltres meaning you'll need to find the IVs that will make HP Ground legal. If that makes any sense.[/QUOTE]

Hp Ground works with those given natures, I checked it on shoddy myself.

ArecP

0 +0

Sep 30 '08

Oh, I see. I think I forgot to change the natures which is why I got the invalid crap.

Okay, cool, just keep that in mind though.