Forums · Platinum RMT

I am officially back into the Metgame, if that means anything

CrossDragon

0 +0

Sep 20 '08

So I went on Shoddy yesterday just for the lols, and BAM! I found out that that the Official Server has been updated with Platinum Movesets. No Sprites yet, I had to get these sprites myself. Anywho, through a series of tests, many of which I got my ass kicked, (1 successful win) I decided to go back to my Sandstorm Team, and with new toys to play around with, I was like Why not? So here it is.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

My Tyranitar, he's been nearly on almost every one of my teams, if not for the coolness factor but for the Sandstorm. He sets up Sandstorm for two purposes, for the Leftovers negation and mainly for that 1.5x SpDef Boost. That said, Tyranitar then won't see much use till Late game, or whenever the chance arises for him. After 1 DD, it's ready to sweep most things, and with Aqua Tail it doesn't fear Skarmory or Bronzong from stopping his sweep anymore.
---

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

Shuckle, the best mixed wall ever, after Sandstorm is up of course. Shuckle's main purpose of this team was to provide a set up for my Garchomp, but with the banning of Garchomp (Damn you Smogon) it now tries to help set up Scizor and at other times be as annoying as possible with Encore/Toxic and Rest.
---

Shaymin-s @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power

Replacing Celebi, is Sky-Shaymin!! This works like most sets. Seed Flare for that 80% SpDef Drop, Air Slash for the 60% Flinch hax Earth Power for that 40% SpDef (I think) and Substitute for status coverage. Shaymin's main job here is to clean up the messes late game and try and get me a win.
---

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

You know the saying, "Simple but effective?" well Gyarados fits that. Everyone got somewhat of a boost in Platnium, but the old simple sets for Gyarados tend to be the most effective. Bring this in on something that'll switch out, get a DD in and it'll start it's sweep just like Tyranitar. I kept Ice Fang instead of switching over to Stone Edge because even though Garchomp's gone, Sky-Shaymin's here to take it's place. And you all know what that means.
---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Let me first say, ugly Platinum Sprite is ugly. The DP Sprite is so much better. That said, SD Scizor. This old dog learned a new trick in the form of Bullet Punch. No longer does it have to fear Ghosts such as Gengar and it still has Quick Attack for the things that resist Bullet Punch. Zapdos, Gyarados, and Salamence to name a few. I also put Superpower on Scizor because as reluctant as it may be, other Steel types wall this set, which is bad. So Superpower was given to hopefully scare away any switching Steels.
---

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This slot was originally for Garchomp, but I'm sure Mamoswine can fit in just fine. This is my main powerhouse, if you will Ice Shard revenge kills, Earthquake is it's main form of Stab while Stone Edge deals with the Flyers. Superpower 2HKOs Bronzong which is a great extra because not many of my pokemon can deal with Steels effectively. And Superpower provides an alternative method to deal with Blissey and won't have to rely on EQ's 2HKO.
---

Well, this is my Team, Rate it if you will.
Rating: 0

ArecP

0 +0

Sep 22 '08

Good luck facing Gyarados leads. Especially Tauntdos.

Scarftran can do some damage considering you have a 4 weaks to Fire.

Aqua Tail is meh. You can hit Skarm and Bronzong for neutral with Stone Edge and Crunch. Aqua Tail will probably only be for other T-tars, Hippowdon, etc. I recommend ditching AT.

Shuckle is fine...and so is Gyarados and Mamoswine.

Shaymin rapes...nuff said.

Lol @ Superpower. That's kind of counterproductive is it not? You should run the calcs, if it's not going to OHKO Bronzong, Skarmory, Forretress, or anybody else you want to consider, then go with Brick Break.

You have almost nothing to stop Shaymin (especially if it has HP Fire LOL but what are the chances of that?) AgiliGross can run through the team and Azelf has a chance to sweep with Shuckle gone.
Rating: 0