Forums · RMT

Seriously, RMT plox.

CrossDragon

0 +0

Aug 10 '08

Errr, I fixed some stuff up a bit. And more detailed explanations. Sorta. NEW AND EXCITING!

---

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 48 Atk/208 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

One of the best leads I've used so far. Fake Out stops any Focus Sashers and allows me to scout as to whether my opponent stays in or not. Overheat scores an OHKO 50% of the time on Standard Leftover Bronzongs and OHKOs Lum Berry Bronzongs 100% of the time after a Fake Out. Makes a great Stealth Rocker as well, and can deal with any Tyranitar/Abomasnow with Close Combat and is EVed to outspeed Jolly Garchomp.

---

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Weavile serves as my revenge killer for any early game Dragons after my Infernape dies from setting up SR. Ice Shard and Ice Punch may seem unnessary, but I've found them to be quite useful. One gives Weavile a priority move against any Scarfs and one gives him a constant attack power. Brick Break deals with any unwanted Steels and Pursuit for Gengars and Azelfs.
---

Alakazam (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Outspeeds Timid Choice Scarf Gengar and +n Max Speed Deoxys-E. This guy is my late game clean up, and helps me out in any unwanted situations. If Weavile has been downed, he serves as my backup Dragon killer. Shadow Ball/Focus Blast is here for being able to hit every type for at least neutral damage. While Psychic is for Stab and his main form of dealing damage.
---

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Explosion

Usually after Infernape sets up SR and does whatever it can before falling, I either send out this or Weavile. I must say, Gengar absolutely rapes. Shadow Ball/Focus Blast for neutral damage to all types once more, and this time Shadow Ball gets Stab which is a plus. Hypnosis for taking down anything that proves to be too bothersome, such as any Skarmorys or Jirachis. And Explosion as a fail safe for when it's health is almost depleted and nails any Blisseys.
---

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Garchomp, my main way of dealing with Steels. After 1 SD it can 2HKO Skarmory with Fire Fang and OHKOs Forretress. Outrage OHKOs Celebi after SR and a SD from Garchomp. Fire Fang is a 2HKO which is a decent option if you dislike the confusion. And Earthquake OHKOs Blissey after a SD if I somehow mispredict and waste Gengar's Explosion.
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

My other priority user not named Weavile. Standard set and usually sweeps half the time while it leaves its messes to Garchomp to clean up.
---

Well, I hope you guys will this time actually RMT. >_>
Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

you should try a lum berry version of that aerodactyl in case of scarfed gengars. Get rid of gyarados for a tank.

OMG EVERYTIME I EDIT I HAVE TO WRITE THE ENTIRE POST OVER AGAIN, IT USED TO BE 8 TIMES AS LONG AS THIS.

ArecP

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

that's why you wait for the editting post to load...or go to the end and press the down arrow in your post...

ArecP

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

Nevermind, you were right fineifold. I just tried to edit mine >_>.

Anyway, I think a better Pokemon could use Stealth Rocks, but guessing from your team you're going purely offensive. If you want, U-turn over SR.

JellyDemon

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

You have no walls, let alone tanks. :/

and what's the significance of the 20 attack EVs on Gengar?

CrossDragon

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

[QUOTE USER="jellydemon" TIME="1218433567"]You have no walls, let alone tanks. :/

and what's the significance of the 20 attack EVs on Gengar?[/QUOTE]

Huh, No idea. Lol, I'll change that right now. >_> Also, I don't need tanks. :O

fineifold

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

sry meant wall, wrote wall in first and second reply

Truthiness

0 +0

Aug 11 '08

You don't need walls for these types of teams. And Infernape does a great job doing what it needs to do for an offensive team: setting up Rocks. After that Lucario, and Garchomp try to dole out huge damage. These types of teams are getting increasingly popular.

Anyways, after playing it it looks fine, and normally I would say to take off Alakazam, but after our battle... >_>