Forums · bonjeur, good day sir, hows the wife?

Rate my team old sport?

Pajamurai

0 +0

May 2 '08

Gallade @ Kasib Berry
Adamant - 252 Attk 252 Spd 4 HP
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat/Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

Gallade'sspecial defence is rather ridiculously high, this thing can take justabout any stabed special attack. However without the Kasib Berry itwouldn't survive a Shadow ball from a spec'd Gengar. I'm debating if Ishould use Drain punch or Close Combat, Close Combat is a beast, thoughcan shorten my longetivity. Drain Punch is a massive heal for Galladeagainst things like Blissey and Snorlax.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Modest - 224 HP 252 Def 32 Sp Attk
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Prettymuch a copy paste from the Libelldra analysis except with a differentmove set. Dark Pulse allows it to counter azelf rather nicely. DragonPulse may be switched out with something else because quite a few of mypokemon have ice moves, but a dragon move is always nice to have.
Heatran also recieves the fire moves aimed for:

Forretress @ Lefties
Relaxed - 252 HP, 184 Atk, 72 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Mysomewhat utility forretress and my physical wall, it's here to set upstealth rock, clear it on my side of the field, gyro ball towards thefuture and then Explode for greater justice. The fire attacks that comehis way will be intercepted by my heatran post-haste.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP 136 Sp Attk 120 Spd
Water Absorb
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf

Wait,what? I'm using a mantine as my special wall? Why yes, yes I am. Anywater or ground attacks that are aimed for my good friend Heatran canbe intercepted by this wonderful pokemon, toxic for what it can, andthen protect until the poor other one dies. But what about the electricattacks? Yes, what indeed.....

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Mild - 252 Sp Attk 188 Spd 68 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Cross Chop

thespecial-vire, what a wonderful thing, when they send out their physicalwalls against him such as forretress or gliscor they'll get a friendlyHP Ice or flamethrower to the face. When they get wise and send outBlissey it gets a Cross Chop to the groin. Working like a gyaravirecombo my MantiVire combo is alot less seen and will most likely catchopponents of guard with a then speed boosted Special Vire.

Mamoswine @ choice band
Adamant - 252 Atk, 108 Speed, 148 HP
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Peck

I never quite knew how big of a beast Mamoswine was until I saw that hecould OHKO a Garchomp with Ice Shard, or a Heracross with Peck. Thisthing is here to do my revenge killing mostly, peck is for revengingagainst Hera, Ice shard for just about any dragon, Stone Edge forgyarados, and Earthquake for coverage mainly. I've considered gettingrid of Earthquake for Roar if stealth rock support is up, just do dosome damage.

Well, there's my team, I want to know what youthink, I know gyarados is a big threat to my team, any advice? I knowsome of the move-sets are Libelldra copies, but hey, they work for myteam so far.
Rating: 0

MillionDaggers

0 +0

May 2 '08

Ah well, since you spelt bonjour funny :)

[QUOTE USER="Pajamurai" TIME="1209712405"]Gallade @ Scope Lens/Wide Lens
Adamant - 74 hp , 252 Atk , 180 speed
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Hypnosis/Night Slash/Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Gallade'sspecial defence is rather ridiculously high

while that's true Gally should be a tanking lead. Either go with double status or CB it and don't use it as a lead. No Drain Punch ever. The spread I gave outspeeds neutral Heatran all the time, or you could opt for a bulkier spread. Use WL only with Hypnosis, otherwise choose the move which covers your weaks best.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Modest - 224 HP 252 Def 32 Sp Attk
- Overheat
- HP Electric
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Standard I suppose. HP Electric nails Gyara, and I see you have a defensive Hera surviving set, you could probably utilise RestTalk but, meh, up to you.

Forretress @ Lefties
Relaxed - 252 HP, 184 Atk, 72 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Standard. Consider EQ for Lucario switch-ins. And from the rest of your team, you need Rapid Spin.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP 136 Sp Attk 120 Spd
Water Absorb
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf

I like MantVire

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Mild - 252 Sp Attk 188 Spd 68 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Cross Chop

The only Vire woth using in OU, all I can say is consider LO, if you dont mind the recoil, otherwise standard and gg

Mamoswine @ choice band
Adamant - 252 Atk, 108 Speed, 148 HP
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Peck

Again standard, I believ Jolly is the nature youneed to outspeed Lucarios, and your team has quite an SD Cario weak. My current favourite set is Sub MixSwine, but since you're in it for the reenge killing business, then go for CB.

Libelldra gives you sets so you can use them, no shame in copying :)

I see Gyara giving you problems especially after some DD's, Garchomp also hits verything you have hard, with your only option being the revenge kill that Swine provides or some smart switching with Mantine). I like how you try to apply ynergy with all your team members too. Overall your team lacks speed, with Vire relying on the Motor Drive to get anywhere, consider some sort of scarfer, or perhaps a better lead than Gallade. i'll give your team a solid 6/10

Welcome to Libelldra :)
[/QUOTE]

Pajamurai

0 +0

May 2 '08

While I like the scope lens idea for Gallade, it wouldn't be able to handle a gengar lead then, and with all of them running around lately, I think I'll give mine a try first, see how it works, work out the kinks from there.

As for Heatran, HP Electric seems like a good idea, but how would I manage to predict when a gyarados is coming for my heatran?

For Forretress, which move would you recomend taking out for earthquake? Perhaps explosion?

I too love MantiVire, I would have it's babies.

As for Mamoswine, Jolly it is then.

MillionDaggers

0 +0

May 2 '08

[QUOTE USER="Pajamurai" TIME="1209728427"]While I like the scope lens idea for Gallade, it wouldn't be able to handle a gengar lead then, and with all of them running around lately, I think I'll give mine a try first, see how it works, work out the kinks from there.

Fair enough, you could always switch out though <_<

As for Heatran, HP Electric seems like a good idea, but how would I manage to predict when a gyarados is coming for my heatran?

Again that's up to your prediction skills

For Forretress, which move would you recomend taking out for earthquake? Perhaps explosion?

Yes, explosion would probably be best, you need Forry alive

I too love MantiVire, I would have it's babies

k

As for Mamoswine, Jolly it is then.

236 EVs, Jolly nature is needed to outspeed neutral Lucario and all other neutral base 90s.

[/QUOTE]

EDIT: one last suggestion before i forget, if you go for he berry, then use shadow sneak instead. Gar hits you with shadow ball, you SD, then KO with Shadow Sneak. Even if you go scope lens or whatever, a priority move is still nice

Blazefest

0 +0

Sep 18 '08

8.5/10 props for the mantine EQ over explosion on fortress but pretty solid either way