Forums · Articuno: Mind Reader + Sheer Cold

What's so scary about it?

ack tar online

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

I have an Articuno with the Mind Reader-Sheer Cold combo, and I enjoy using it. Usually, the blue bird manages to claim somebody.
I noticed that many people have essentially banned this. My question is, why?
As it is, Articuno won't take hits well as an Ice/Flying type. Anyone who sees the set-up can switch out. Protect/Detect scare the bird into not using it. Rock attacks make it fall faster than Ninjask. It has so many weaknesses, so why is it banned in standard play?
Rating: 0

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

You know, that makes sense, why do they ban articuno?

rose!cherubi

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

Some people ban 1HKO moves as a rule to prevent abuse of it - as a game degrades into luck rather than skill.

Stupider people ban legendaries.

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

OHKO ban is actually among the standard rules, along with DT. "Some people" doesn't do it justice.

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Feb 18 '08

Did they ban Articuno to ubers? O.O That would be a stupid move, considering the only thing Arty can do is the SC-MR combo, and the OHKO clause is standard.

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 18 '08

Considering they're actually testing Deoxys-E and Wobbuffet outside of ubers, bumping up the worst of all legendaries doesn't make much sense. Of course they didn't.

Shadian Vise

0 +0

Feb 20 '08

Ah, OK. Fineifold implied it.

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 20 '08

I meant the mind reader sheer cold combo when I said ban and slowflake is right (as usual), they can't make an exception to the OHKO ban just because articuno sucks otherwise.

Slowflake

0 +0

Feb 20 '08

Yeah, else the next step would be unbanning DT for lower-tiered Pokémon but not the better ones. And after that, when do we stop? Allowing special sweeping Rhyperior in UU?