Forums · 1st Ever DS Cup

Old-School Tournment, DS Style

ThePlaceboEffect

0 +0

Jan 9 '08

Welcome to the first ever DS Cup!

Rules:
[NUM]Sleep, Species, OHKO, Evasion Clauses.
Match will be LV 100, Single Battle, best 2 out of 3.
Both participants will post the outcome here.
Banned Pokemon:
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Wobbufett
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Latias
    Latios
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Dexoys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Girantia
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus

No illegal hacks. Hacks should be reasonable, but not perfect. Remember, some of us are breeding our own pokemon.
You may change your team from round to round, but must use the same team each of the times you fight a person in one round.[/NUM]

How this will work:
Signups will last until January 20th. At that time, I will make the brackets, matches for the cup. To sign-up, post your Friend-Code and you will be added to the list below. Once January 20th comes, I will list the matches and what style of tournament we will have, either round robin then playoffs, or just a playoff type format.

Contestants
1. Placebo 4768-5772-1788
Rating: 0

AgentParanoia

0 +0

Jan 10 '08

Uhm, when you say unreasonable, you mean no 31 IVs or anything like that? If so, how should I do my IVs?

ThePlaceboEffect

0 +0

Jan 10 '08

I'm relying on good faith that you will be able to accurately judge what IVs would be ok.

Repto

0 +0

Jan 18 '08

And therein lies the problem.

Anything that must hit a magic number will do so. No one will put an offensive stat or especially speed at sub-31 if they have a choice, and the same goes for HP and Defenses- TLF spreads all assume 31 across the board because that's what they use to design their spreads. Anyone learning from them isn't going to do otherwise.

Aside from that, speed is 99% of the time the only stat you can accurately judge just by being the opponent. Is it really worth the hassle of checking up on or disqualifying someone because they use "perfect" builds?

Lastly, while it does take time, effort and luck, it is more than possible to gain excellent stats through breeding. Before I bought an AR I had a 31/31/24/31/31/31 Gible, which if it weren't for training the bugger, would have meant I didn't have to hack one. If you're willing to settle for a 24/25/15/30/30/27 simply because you didn't want to spend another 15-20 minutes getting a few batches of eggs, should everyone else stoop their own stats to be on par with yours?

I'm not trying to jump on you or anything, I just feel it's not your place to decide how good a Poke can be before it's illegal.

fineifold

0 +0

Feb 16 '08

I'll join, my friend code is 8247-9576-5645-1000

And by illegal hacks, I think he means no 31 31 31 31 30 31 by hacking. If your not hacking it could still be 31 31 31 31 31 31 31, and that he's trusting you not to hack because not everyone freely uses action replays.